View Full Version : Asking once again...

Monty Gibson
12-23-2002, 04:09 PM
On my Pocket PC Phone; even with the EUU1, the inbox problem of dialing out automatically is not fixed. Is everyone having this same issue?

brntcrsp
12-23-2002, 04:56 PM
Plain and simple. It's busted. I assume you're speaking in reference to email downloading at a specific interval? If so, it doesn't work and never has for any Pocket PC. The Jornada 568 I own doesn't do it, nor did the Cassioapeia 125.

It's one of the biggest oversights in my book. With more and more devices becoming network enabled, a feature of this scale should be functional. My manager owns a XDA and was very disillusioned after discovering that fact. At one point I heard reference to some app that provided a rememdy, but I have since lost the link.

I have a feeling that this will be introduced in a future update, but for now you best bet is to be active in downloading mail rather than passive.

-brnt

Monty Gibson
12-23-2002, 05:19 PM
Plain and simple. It's busted. I assume you're speaking in reference to email downloading at a specific interval? If so, it doesn't work and never has for any Pocket PC. The Jornada 568 I own doesn't do it, nor did the Cassioapeia 125.

It's one of the biggest oversights in my book. With more and more devices becoming network enabled, a feature of this scale should be functional. My manager owns a XDA and was very disillusioned after discovering that fact. At one point I heard reference to some app that provided a rememdy, but I have since lost the link.

I have a feeling that this will be introduced in a future update, but for now you best bet is to be active in downloading mail rather than passive.

-brnt

:| Um. Just as I thought. I just appreciate the response from someone stating this already thought-out conclusion anyway.

Cortex
12-23-2002, 08:34 PM
there is supposed to be a program similar to Scheduler on Windows that allows you to run different programs at different times. People are using it to turn on and off the phone during certain times of the day (or more likely night). You can probably use it to check your mail as well.

Monty Gibson
12-23-2002, 08:45 PM
there is supposed to be a program similar to Scheduler on Windows that allows you to run different programs at different times. People are using it to turn on and off the phone during certain times of the day (or more likely night). You can probably use it to check your mail as well.

Do you know the program name? Link, perhaps?

Monty Gibson
01-03-2003, 01:21 AM

I figured it out. Ladies and Gentlemen; in order for your Pocket PC Phone to dial out automatically all one needs to do is switch their phone to their ACTIVE account that they wish to receive e-mail on i.e.; neither ActiveSync or SMS and it will dial out automatically. You may want to set it for one minute leave the in-box section open and then wait. Once it dials out successfully the first time it will continue to do so. You may then use the PocketPC ad lib. :rock on dude!:

Cortex
01-03-2003, 01:46 AM
monty
does it have to stay connected via gprs or can you use the phone in between checking for email if you set it for 30 minutes or an hour?

thanks

Monty Gibson
01-03-2003, 01:54 AM
monty
does it have to stay connected via gprs or can you use the phone in between checking for email if you set it for 30 minutes or an hour?

thanks

No, not at all. It dials out, retrieves the e-mail and disconnects by itself. If you're on the phone it cannot dial out. If it's receiving e-mail no one can call you until it's finished. If this is an issue, just program it to download the headers. Is it working for you?