View Full Version : Removing Preinstalled Programs?

Oreocat
12-22-2002, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to completely remove some of the programs that automatically installed when setting up my Axim?

I know I will never use some of the programs, like IE, MSN Messenger, Pocket Excel, maybe even the Infared Receiver, and would prefer to have the memory for things I will use.

I'm a complete novice on ppc's and would really appreciate any help,

Thanks,
Oreocat

Bearjaw
12-22-2002, 06:37 PM
LOL what did you buy a PPC for? A Palm device would have done fine for ya. Actually I'm not sure if you can remove PIE or Excel I think they are imbedded. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Jeff

Kati Compton
12-22-2002, 06:43 PM
LOL what did you buy a PPC for? A Palm device would have done fine for ya. Actually I'm not sure if you can remove PIE or Excel I think they are imbedded. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Jeff

There's a number of reasons to get a PPC without those programs. Note that Word isn't listed. Plus PPC's can play MP3s, and Palms can't. The games are more complex for PPCs. Lots of reasons.

Fishie
12-22-2002, 06:45 PM

There's a number of reasons to get a PPC without those programs. Note that Word isn't listed. Plus PPC's can play MP3s, and Palms can't. The games are more complex for PPCs. Lots of reasons.

Nah, Palm is brilliant, they keep the ZEN by not including the MP3 software and instead include a dedicated MP3 player.
Those guys are brilliant, brilliant I tells ya.

Steven Cedrone
12-22-2002, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to completely remove some of the programs that automatically installed when setting up my Axim?

I know I will never use some of the programs, like IE, MSN Messenger, Pocket Excel, maybe even the Infared Receiver, and would prefer to have the memory for things I will use.

I'm a complete novice on ppc's and would really appreciate any help,

Thanks,
Oreocat

No, it's not possible. The apps are on ROM. That being said, they are not taking up any of the space that is available to you...

Steve

Oreocat
12-22-2002, 11:26 PM
Ahhh, ok. Well, thanks for the information (told you I was a complete novice at this!)...

Oreocat