View Full Version : Icons on Axim

Xtreme23
12-22-2002, 07:30 AM
Does anyone know how to get rid of Icons after u remove the programs....i downloaded several demos and removed the programs but the icon still remains. Any suggestions?

Steven Cedrone
12-22-2002, 07:47 AM
Browse to the \windows\start menu (Using either ActiveSync explorer or the explorer app on your Pocket PC) and delete the icons...

Steve

Delta737
12-22-2002, 07:47 AM
You mean in "Programs" function?

Then you have to open file explorer, go to "my device", "windows", "Start menu" and then "programs". Here you can delete any icon (are add some if you want)

Delta737
12-22-2002, 07:48 AM
Well Steven, you apparently beated me by a few seconds :wink:

Steven Cedrone
12-22-2002, 08:01 AM
Ha! Well, better to answer than not! Keep on posting, thats what the community is all about!!!

Have a great night!!!

Steve

Kati Compton
12-22-2002, 09:15 AM
Ha! Well, better to answer than not! Keep on posting, thats what the community is all about!!!

Have a great night!!!

You're awfully full of !'s tonight. ;)

Steven Cedrone
12-22-2002, 04:19 PM

Have a great night!!!

You're awfully full of !'s tonight. ;)

[Preemptive strike]

I guess I'll say it before someone else does: "I sure was full of somethin' "... :wink:

[/preemptive strike]

Steve

Xtreme23
12-23-2002, 12:07 AM
well let see.. they icons are still there.. from the demos i uninstalled in the games folder... i just look and i have two folders for games in the start and in the programs and each has different icons in them..still clueless how to delete them and it's not in the sync folder either

Alucard
12-23-2002, 03:45 AM
probably the best way to do it is to:

on your PPC go to:
go to file explorer
navigate to: "my device/windows/start menu/"

(you mentioned you had two 'games' folders? One is probably in
"my device/Windows/start menu." The other in "my device/windows/start menu/programs")

check which games folder or shortcut you want to delete.

I think that should cover it. If it is unclear, let me know. :)

Cheers,
Andrew

Xtreme23
12-23-2002, 06:25 AM
i think it's hopeless... i did a find files and can't find it.. and i tried finding the file no luck and through the shortcut files on solitare shows up. but when i got back into the games file the icons are still there.

=(

Steven Cedrone
12-23-2002, 06:36 AM
i think it's hopeless... i did a find files and can't find it.. and i tried finding the file no luck and through the shortcut files on solitare shows up. but when i got back into the games file the icons are still there.

=(

Don't try to use a "find"...

Browse to your windows directory on the Pocket PC with either ActiveSync (on the PC) or File Explorer (on the Pocket PC)...

Then go to the "Start Menu" directory...

There, you should see the shortcuts for the programs you want to delete. Once done there, go to the "Programs" directory, Delete the shortcuts there as well....

Steve

mike6024
12-23-2002, 06:37 AM
I think the "Find" feature only searches inside of "My Documents", but anyway did you actually do what the other guys above mentioned? Look in "\Windows\Start Menu\" and all the folders inside that. That's all you need to do.

Xtreme23
12-24-2002, 12:36 AM
yeah i did what steve and everyone else has instructed... i think there's a ghost living inside my pda =) .. i installed some demo games.. tried them .. and decide not remove them with remove programs... it did so.. cause i've explore everywhere.. but the icons for those games are still there. bugs me out that i can't find these icons anywhere that i can delete them .. the only appear in the games folder.

so i think it's hopeless....but thanks every1 for helping.. appreciated it!

joefriday223
12-30-2002, 05:42 AM
ry this, find the file through file explorer and do a tap and hold till a pop-up menu comes up and hit cut or delete from there. That's how I did it on my e335.