View Full Version : sd card woes

jdavis
12-21-2002, 10:42 PM
Okay, this is either a big noob confusion or something's wrong with the card. I bought this card from someone (was previously used in a camera) and the files are all erased. When I try to copy a file onto it, I get a "Cannot convert file, Not enough storage available to proccess this command."

8O

Do I need to reformat the card or something? This is really bugging me, not to mention these new sd cards for $39.99 when I bought one for more!!! :x

seanturner
12-21-2002, 11:24 PM
Yeah you need to format the card for use with the PPC. In my experience, it has come up with a message asking if you want to format it when you insert it. To manually format it, there is probably an option in the control panel somewhere....

jdavis
12-22-2002, 09:17 AM
Well, in fact it appears that there are no card formatting tools in the os (may i be wrong?) Anyhow, I installed an application called Storage Tools at http://www.softwinter.com/ and attempted reformatting. Well, I could now copy some images to the sd card, but only for a moment, and then I'd get the same error. I'm thinking this card may be bad (sandisk). Anyone else had this problem?

Delta737
12-23-2002, 08:13 AM
Well, I got a brand new Sandisk 128MB SD Card, which worked fine with me. I think yours is just broken. Go to the man you bought it from, ask a refund and buy a new one, is my advice :lol: