View Full Version : Remote Assistance question ( no Termincal Services no Remote Desktop Connection )

cyberbrujo
12-21-2002, 03:56 PM
Hello all and Merry Christmas to all,

I have a question for the group.

My question is regarding the feature that is MS Messenger to ask for Remote Asistance ( help from a buddy to debug a problem at your desktop /server ) , I have researched all possible Microsoft web sites but I can not get the answer.

is it possible by using MS Messenger at the PDA to invite a buddy to do Remote Assistance from the PDA over to an XP or .Net server ?

or can I do it today by using the Pocket PC 2002 PDA ( IpaQ) over to a XP / .Net server ? do I have to upgrade to CE.Net ? although , it seems is not an O/S issue or is it a MS Messenger PDA issue ?

FYI, this is the definition as it is posted at the Microsoft web site:
--------------------------
Remote Assistance
Providing help using Remote Assistance

Sometimes the best way to help someone fix a problem is to demonstrate a solution. Remote Assistance is a convenient way for someone to connect to a friend's computer (you both must be running Microsoft Windows XP) in order to walk through a solution together.

The following information applies to users who have received a Remote Assistance invitation.

After you are connected, you will be able to view your friend's computer screen and chat online together in real time about what you both see. With your friend's permission, you can even use your mouse and keyboard to work with your friend on his or her computer. Please respond before the expiration time listed in the invitation.
------------------------------------

Thanks, Art.

Janak Parekh
12-21-2002, 10:54 PM
I'm pretty sure MSN Messenger for PPC does not have Remote Assistance capability. It's a pretty lightweight client.

You can also try the email mechanism of Remote Assistance and see if that works, but I suspect you'll get no luck there either.

How about Remote Desktopping into your own PC, and serving Remote Assistance requests from there? ;)

--janak