View Full Version : Why the Avatar is something stupid?

freitasm
12-21-2002, 02:28 PM
Hi!

Ijoined the forum to enter discussions, but the default avatar text is "Just joined for the competition".

This is not true, and it's stupid. This is just something that may drive away from this site.

marlof
12-21-2002, 02:33 PM
This is not true, and it's stupid. This is just something that may drive away from this site.

That is not the avatar, but your member "status". And as you might have seen, that is only valid for those with ONE post. As soon as you post a second post, you get another status as with that you proof that you did sign up for discussion not just the contests. It's a joke. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing to get too excited about. ;)

Delta737
12-21-2002, 04:58 PM
I agree with my fellow-Dutchman here. It's just a joke, only for the first post, so don't make any problems of it and just enjoy the site 8)

Matt Cassidy
12-21-2002, 07:50 PM
We all came here for info, updates, news, and reviews. So if it happens that as we type away on our message posting mission we win a contest or free application or something else we didn't expect then "Hey it's a BONUS". Until then just enjoy the opinions, views, and other bits of eye-candy here at this wonderful site or......well just enjoy it!

Delta737
12-22-2002, 07:53 AM
Besides, I actually LIKE the idea of a competition. On "total posts", I was #444 (last time I checked) out of (almost) 6000. And I only joined 6 days ago 8) :lol: :P :wink: