View Full Version : vxUtil v1.5.6 released

Dave Beauvais
12-21-2002, 07:54 AM
I was just doing my semi-monthly pass looking for updates to the software I use on my Pocket PC and noticed that vxUtil v1.5.6 was released on December 16th. No documentation for what changed from v1.5.5, nor do I see any new features. I do notice that there is now a blinking cursor in each text input box so you can at least tell which box has focus, but the input panel still does not activate automatically.

They did add their Web site to the main vxUtil screen. Unfortunately, they still insist on installing into a folder in the "root" of the file system instead of inside "Program Files" folder. :?

I know a lot of us use this handy utility, so go grab the latest version at the vxUtil page (http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html).

--Dave

Pony99CA
12-21-2002, 10:28 AM
I was just doing my semi-monthly pass looking for updates to the software I use on my Pocket PC and noticed that vxUtil v1.5.6 was released on December 16th. No documentation for what changed from v1.5.5, nor do I see any new features.

Thanks for the update. One new function is DNS Audit (whatever that is). It is the "D" on the toolbar, and also shows up in the Functions menu.

Unfortunately, they still insist on installing into a folder in the "root" of the file system instead of inside "Program Files" folder. :?

I wonder why they do this, too. Maybe they're worried some device won't have the Program Files directory on it.

Steve

Janak Parekh
12-21-2002, 10:51 PM
The older version had DNS audit as well. I've never used it, but it looks like it's a tool to help make sure both A and PTR (forward and backward) records exist for a block of IP addresses.

BTW, I think it installs in the root as the program is really descended from WinCE 1.x or 2.x days, and doesn't adhere to strict PPC guidelines.

--janak

Pony99CA
12-22-2002, 04:11 PM
The older version had DNS audit as well.

I guess only my older version didn't have DNS Audit. Of course, my older version was 1.5, I think, not 1.5.5. :oops:

Steve

JvanEkris
12-22-2002, 06:00 PM
Well, it wasn't like every update of VxUtil was global frontpage news....

Jaap

Sven Johannsen
12-22-2002, 06:55 PM
Did you notice there is also a free vxIPConfig now? It provides some similar info but adds a release and renew for DHCP.