View Full Version : GPRS Stats

mpfeifer
12-20-2002, 11:47 PM
Anyone have opinions on All Locations and the Spb GPRS Monitor
programs? Does the Spb actually control the brightness for the PPCPE units?

Does one do more then the other? It seems Spb has a battery monitor and the brightness.

Thanks,
Mark

Monty Gibson
12-21-2002, 12:35 AM
Anyone have opinions on All Locations and the Spb GPRS Monitor
programs? Does the Spb actually control the brightness for the PPCPE units?

Does one do more then the other? It seems Spb has a battery monitor and the brightness.

Thanks,
Mark

I always have an opinion on something :wink:
The Spb software controls the brightness in only two settings: the same settings that are on the device itself. It's either bright or dim. That's it. No big change there. The battery monitor is not an issue either since it's already built into the Pocket PC and you can find this under "Settings." Again, nothing spectacular for me; unless this is an issue with you I don't see the reason in having a battery monitor since the Pocket PC itself under heavy use will get through an entire day just about.

All Locations is a simple program that does exactly what the Spb software does; but at a lower price. It doesn't have a battery monitor, nor does it have a "packet" monitor which I, again, don't see the purpose of having. They both have graphs and tables and so on to see how much you've used during your billing cycle. Which is nice. The All Locations software has a nice icon at the top that we're all familiar with: the two computers "talking" to each other. I don't like the yellow stripes. I am a very aesthetically appealing person. I will choose one software over the other if it's more pleasing to my eye.

So, with that said you have a choice. They both do the same. One is cheaper than the other. One has more options than the other but without much (if at all) benefit. It all depends on you, your eye, and your wallet; in the end.