View Full Version : MetalShard Announces the 0.95 Open Beta

Jason Dunn
12-20-2002, 10:12 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.metalshard.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.metalshard.com/</a><br /><br /></div>"Since it is Christmas, we decided to do something a little different and have a public beta for this next release. Starting Friday the 20th at midnight until Sunday the 22nd at midnight a beta version of Pocket War 0.95 will be available on this website. This will not be our normal free version of Pocket War. It will be the full version that will allow you to save games, play more than 150 turns, play via email, etc. The beta copy will run until Monday Jan 13th at which time you can get the 0.95 final (if you have purchased a previous version of Pocket War.) So if you want a sneak peak at the newest Pocket War version, here is your chance."

Hugh Nano
12-20-2002, 10:33 PM
This is particularly exciting for strategy-gamers who have enjoyed games like Empire and Empire Deluxe. Pocket War actually started out as a game that was very similar to Empire Deluxe, but has evolved into something even better (IMHO)! Units actually have simple AI and controls are optimized for the Pocket PC--all to avoid the micro-management needed in Empire Deluxe. Plus, this latest beta implements multi-player! Anyone up for a game? :wink:

tedson
12-20-2002, 10:38 PM
Just so there is no confusion...

The text in the announcement is right off of the metalshard website so where it says "a beta version of Pocket War 0.95 will be available on this website" the "this" means www.metalshard.com not pocketpcthoughts.

Unless they want to host the file for me. :D

Jason Dunn
12-20-2002, 11:16 PM
Just so there is no confusion...

The text in the announcement is right off of the metalshard website so where it says "a beta version of Pocket War 0.95 will be available on this website" the "this" means www.metalshard.com not pocketpcthoughts.

Unless they want to host the file for me. :D

Yup. That's why I put that sucker in quotes. :wink: :lol: Thanks for clearing it up though...I was too lazy to write a real post. :wink:

tedson
12-21-2002, 06:56 AM
It is midnight CST and the beta is now out on the metalshard website. www.metalshard.com

Kaber
12-21-2002, 07:41 AM
I been waiting for this... and now I got it. I'll post up a bit about the multiplayer if I can get it working tween the 3955 and 3765 over wireless.

SWEET!

tedson
12-21-2002, 03:17 PM
The only multiplay in the beta is multiple people on one pda (or computer) and play via email. We pulled the network play because I wasn't happy with the way it works. Network play will be coming in the 0.96 release now.

Kaber
12-23-2002, 10:48 PM
thx for the heads up.