View Full Version : Last Minute Gadget Hunt

Andy Sjostrom
12-20-2002, 01:58 PM
The hunt for new gadgets is never ending. Around Christmas it just gets more intense, at least writing them up on wish lists. That is what ZDNet has done in their <a href="http://www.zdnet.com/products/stories/reviews/0,4161,2858231,00.html">"Must-have gadgets"</a> article. Dell Axim X5 gets the nod, but if I could choose just one item from their list it would be the Nikon D100!<br /><br />"Any technojunkie worth his or her salt salivates at the mere thought of having the latest and greatest gizmos. After all, it's all about who has bragging rights of owning the hottest toys. So whether you're a gadget newbie or a hardened technophile, there's sure to be something that you'll love in our picks for the best gadgets around."

fishd1
12-20-2002, 03:09 PM
Having a Series One TiVo I would *LOVE* the Series Two unit to be released in the UK...

As for the PDA's ... ho hum.. :roll: I've just migrated to a Nokia 9210 Communicator so I'm not fussed about the handheld thingies... and to do all the gee-whiz things the Nokia can't do (it's far from perfect but does 95% of what I *need*) I got me an Archos Multimedia Jukebox... 20Gb hard drive, plays mp3 & DiVX movies and was only £150 !!! ($240 US?)

Newsboy
12-20-2002, 03:32 PM
I would have to add this to the list, the Sony DSC-U20. Just got mine last Wednesday. Weighs 90 grams, is half the size of a StarTac, and takes absolutely phenomenal pictures. Better than my friend's Digital Elph. With the 128 mb Memory Stick I picked up for it, takes 246 1632x1224 pictures. Two megapixels. Amazing little thing.

Highly recommended, everyone should have one! :twisted:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/photokina2002/Images/Sony/dscu10.jpg

JonnoB
12-20-2002, 06:08 PM
Having a Series One TiVo I would *LOVE* the Series Two unit to be released in the UK...

Having DirectTV, I am waiting to see if someone comes up with a DirectTivo Series 2. I have considered getting the Sony SAT-T60 if I could only find one at a store.

marlof
12-21-2002, 02:06 PM
Memory Stick [...] Highly recommended, everyone should have one! :twisted:

No way am I going to use Memory Stick as a storage card. When I was shopping for a digicam, all Sony's fell of my list because of that. SD or CF is fine by me, or other formats that multiple company's use, but no Sony proprietary stuff. Although the cameras, like many other Sony stuff, do look excellent.