View Full Version : Ozminibar error

brntcrsp
12-19-2002, 09:26 PM
I tried out the free version of the software, and it remapped my buttons. Now even after ensuring that the button mappings are exactly the same as before I installed, whenever I press the Tasks button on the J568 I get a "Cannot Find Ozminibar or one of its components" error. Anyone know a solution? I fear I will have to edit the registry, and if so the second question is: What reg editor should I use?

Thanks.

ironguy
12-19-2002, 09:41 PM
Make sure the oz start up link is gone from the start folder (windows/StartUp). If not, delete it.

Soft Reset.

Check your buttons again. Also look for any leftover 'oz' remnants in your windows directory (delete as needed).

If you do need to edit the registry, download and use Phil Majerus' registry editor (http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit).

I had trouble with this software too but not the buttons.

brntcrsp
12-20-2002, 10:00 PM
unfortunately i have alraedy deleted everything that I thought should be deleted that relates to the software. The registry didn't seem to have any info either about ozminibar either.

Does anyone have any idea where 1) the left over files might be located for ozminibar - nothing in start up at this point, nor in /windows.

2) where the registry settings for button mappings are kept in the Registry.

thanks all.

ironguy
12-20-2002, 10:22 PM
Here are your button registry entries...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\
40C1 (Hot Key 1)
40C2 (Hot Key 2)
40C3 (Hot Key 3)
40C4 (Hot Key 4)
40C5 (Record)
40C6 (Record (Hold))
40C8 (Hot Key 2(Hold))
40C9 (Hot Key 3(Hold))
40CA (Hot Key 4(Hold))

brntcrsp
12-20-2002, 10:55 PM
strangeness. thanks for all your help ironguy. turns out that applying a simple restore defaults set it correctly again - which i KNOW i ran previously, and should have refreshed it.

C'est bizarre.

Thanks again!