View Full Version : Syncing Email with Two Computers

wrightca
12-19-2002, 05:28 PM
I am trying to return to syncing with my desktop after being away from it for a month. While I was away I set up a partnership with my laptop and had been syncing it. I setup the sync on my laptop and told it I would like to sync with two computers. The setup said I couldn't sync email with two computers, so it wouldn't sync the inbox of my laptop. That wasn't a problem. Now I'm back to my desktop and would like to resume syncing my inbox from my desktop. It's giving me the "requires attention" error message everytime I sync.

Has anyone been in the situation before?

blazingwolf
12-19-2002, 10:44 PM
Have you tried going into options in activesync and unchecking the inbox and then clicking ok, then going back in and rechecking it? Also more info on which PPC device you are using might be useful. :)

spursdude
12-20-2002, 04:39 AM
If that doesn't work, what I did was simply reinstalling ActiveSync. Tell it you are only going to sync with one computer, and it was fine with that.

Brad Adrian
12-20-2002, 04:43 AM
Inbox will only synch with the FIRST partnership that you create. So, I would delete both partnerships, then go back and re-establish the one with the desktop first. It may take a while to synch, but it'll be much faster than reinstalling Activesynch.