View Full Version : Permanent placement on Today screen

bgate
12-19-2002, 04:16 PM
I was going to ask this under the Pocket Plus thread that is going and then I thought there may be a general solution that would benefit other plug-ins as well. The questions...

Can you"stick" something (in this case specifically-Pocket Plus) to the bottom of the today screen. Not the last item in the list, but specifically the bottom of the page (if no scrolling).

Janak Parekh
12-19-2002, 07:52 PM
There's no functionality built into the PPC for it, but I could envision someone writing a "blank space" Today plug-in that forces the next entity to be at the very bottom. :)

I don't think it's been written, though; it would be pretty cool, admittedly.

--janak

goirish!!
12-19-2002, 08:13 PM
I've often wished for the same thing. Too bad I can't write code. :roll:

You would need to be able to specify how wide to make the blank area or be able to add several of them to the screen.

Fzara
12-21-2002, 09:40 PM
I think you can.

Go into Settings-Today. There are two tabs. Go to the "items tab" and I believe you can specify where Pocket Plus goes. Although, I dont believe it can go above the date.

goirish!!
12-21-2002, 11:36 PM
I think you can.

Go into Settings-Today. There are two tabs. Go to the "items tab" and I believe you can specify where Pocket Plus goes. Although, I dont believe it can go above the date.

You are correct but I believe that initially bgate was wanting to move the plug in to the literal bottom of the today screen. There is no function to do this.......yet. :?

bgate
12-22-2002, 04:49 AM
you are correct!

smittyofdhs
12-22-2002, 08:08 AM
if you could successfully put the task at the bottom of the screen, what happens when you have a lot calendar events that cause the list of task to scroll down? When the screen items fill enough of the screen, the bottom items are moved down and off the page )also creating a scroll bar). IMHO you can't program a task to stay on top while the rest of tasks scroll off the page (at least with the current OS code). Sounds more like what's needed is something that will take the task and "hover" it above the entire task screen. The app would take any task plug-in and size the window correctly to hold the task at the same time make it transparent to the today to allow the today screen image to show thru. I'm no programmer so I don't know if this is feasible