View Full Version : strange shipping from dell????

VidGameKing
12-19-2002, 03:49 AM
okay so, last saterday i orderd my dell, and it said it would be shipped by the 26th, so I hunkerd down for the long wait, like everyone else. BUT today it says that it has been shipped! and i got a shipping confermation e-mail! but my credit card has not been billed so i'm not sure weather to belive it or not! i hope i get it sooner. but If I dont thats fine. I'm still prepared to wait, but I do want it sooner. what do you guys think?

Brad Adrian
12-19-2002, 04:04 AM
The best thing to do is try to track the shipment through the shipper's Web site (UPS, FedEx, etc.). Hopefully the confirmation e-mail included a tracking number that you can use to find out whether it's en route, in a shipping center, on a truck, etc.

Kevin C. Tofel
12-19-2002, 04:06 AM
I ordered my Dell on 12/2 and checked the status on their site everyday, which never changed. The estimated date of receipt was 12/24 to 12/26. On 12/11 the status suddenly became "Shipped" even though my credit card did not show the charge. UPS delivered on 12/12 (well before the estimated date of receipt) and my card was charged the following day. Once you get a tracking number for your shipment on the Dell site, you should be all set.

By the way: the Axim is worth the wait!!!
:P

Roosterman
12-19-2002, 04:32 AM
There is an 800 number that you can call also to get your tracking number if the e-mail didn't have it. That is the real indication that it has shipped. I had web access to my credit card and saw that the day after I ordered, Dell had a pend against my account until it shippe. The pend came off and about two days later the actual charge appeared on the card. I hope it has shipped for you. You'll love it. Like everything it isn't perfect, but it darn near it. I've had mine about 2 weeks and have been having a great time with it. With headphones on, I think the WMP sound is better than my laptop. :D .

VidGameKing
12-19-2002, 04:49 AM
I'm not too big into wmp or MP3 playback of any sort, I'm a BIG (not fat) MD user, I use them everywhere! including the camode (NOT!) I bought a cool belt case that was made by Nite-Ize, www.niteize.com which i got for only $16USD!!! I work at Fry's Electronics and after the discount it was only half of what handnago was offering it at! very cool! so i'm already, just a matter of time, tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock...

TheBacklash
12-19-2002, 06:56 AM
The best thing to do is try to track the shipment through the shipper's Web site (UPS, FedEx, etc.). Hopefully the confirmation e-mail included a tracking number that you can use to find out whether it's en route, in a shipping center, on a truck, etc.

Well thats all well and good... But I just 2 hours ago got my E-mail that it shipped.... and a tracking number. good huh? no... cause it was DELIVERED this morning :D

the tracking number is kinda worthless now. I'm just glad it showed up, love this thing.

VidGameKing
12-19-2002, 07:46 AM
man now you guys are getting me all psyiced for it to arrive tommarrow! and I just found out it's bacl-lit! wholly-cow! I didn't know that, I was preparing my self for a screen better than the zayo, but worse than the e740 and now it's gonna rock!!!! freakin' hell-yeah! :rock on dude!:

dynomike27
12-19-2002, 09:49 PM
Thank you for shopping with Dell. This e-mail is to confirm that your order shipped on Dec 14, 2002. Based on the shipping method chosen at the time of purchase, your order is expected to arrive within 1-5 business days.

How true is this? :?:

Roosterman
12-20-2002, 12:42 AM
Thank you for shopping with Dell. This e-mail is to confirm that your order shipped on Dec 14, 2002. Based on the shipping method chosen at the time of purchase, your order is expected to arrive within 1-5 business days.

How true is this? :?:

By reading the messages above I would guess you may have it by now or tomorrow. :)

Fzara
12-20-2002, 06:34 AM
I ordered my Dell on 12/2 and checked the status on their site everyday, which never changed. The estimated date of receipt was 12/24 to 12/26. On 12/11 the status suddenly became "Shipped" even though my credit card did not show the charge. UPS delivered on 12/12 (well before the estimated date of receipt) and my card was charged the following day. Once you get a tracking number for your shipment on the Dell site, you should be all set.

By the way: the Axim is worth the wait!!!
:P

-Worth the wait my bu**. The jog dial and the d-pad are both badly engineered, and the d-pad is actually not centered.
-The included software SUCKS. At least give me 2-3 really useful programs that I can use regardless of how I use my handheld.
-The Technical support for the Axim stinks. I hope you dont have to call up Dell, because you'll never get through with them.

Other than that, I like the color screen and am still awaiting a good offer for a 512mb CF card, and a high powered Dell lithium ion battery.