View Full Version : Whats up with my backup battery

Bearjaw
12-18-2002, 03:00 AM
Ok so i just checked my backup battery and it says its a 80%. is this possible? I have never gotten the main battery down below 82%. Isnt the backup battery there just incase the main battery goes. Please advise me on what I should do..I'm worried. Jeff

GoldKey
12-18-2002, 03:15 AM
Been a couple of threads on this already. The consensus is that it is a problem with the battery monitoring software. If it make you feel any better, I have had my Axim for about two weeks and it started out at 100% was down to 80% within a week and has since fluxuated between 80 and 100% with it being at 100% for the last two days.

Bearjaw
12-18-2002, 03:28 AM
Ok thanks I feel better. I remember those post but I havent been able to see what was happening with them. I hope is just a battery monitor problem. But that makes me wonder...just how accurate is the main battery monitor. Gulp... Jeff

GoldKey
12-18-2002, 03:35 AM
Ok thanks I feel better. I remember those post but I havent been able to see what was happening with them. I hope is just a battery monitor problem. But that makes me wonder...just how accurate is the main battery monitor. Gulp... Jeff

Remember, they are two different battery types. The main battery has circuitry built into it to allow it to give an accurate reading. The backup battery is just a standard disposable cel, so the reading is more of a guess and that cel is more subject to variations in output based on the surrounding temperature.

Bearjaw
12-18-2002, 03:44 AM
I'll try and not worry about it. I'm sure its fine. I'm just a big worry wort I guess. Thanks for the reassurance though. I hope they fix the monitoring software sometime..LOL My nerves are shot! LOL jeff

Sunnyone
12-18-2002, 04:06 AM
Mine also went down as low as 80%. But for the past 5 days, every time I've looked (daily) it registers at 100%. Maybe it's cured? :?