View Full Version : How do you like your Axim?

solus
12-18-2002, 02:37 AM
Hey, just curious - of the people that have recieved their Axim.. What are your brightness settings at? I keep mine at a fourth and I'm fine. Also, CPU speed, mine is set on auto. How do you guys like it?

Just wondering...

GoldKey
12-18-2002, 02:43 AM
I keep mine at full brightness, just because no matter how much I have tried to use it during a day, I just don't get the battery below 60%. Also, I have left the speed set at auto. I really have been very happy with my purchase.

crispeto
12-18-2002, 03:22 AM
From the little I've had it, I love it!

Rirath
12-18-2002, 03:28 AM
Full bright. With battery life like this, why not. Auto does the trick, there's no need for the general user to change it.

Sunnyone
12-18-2002, 04:03 AM
I'm extremely happy with my Axim. As Rirath and Goldkey have mentioned, the battery life is better than anything I've seen so far. I'm very pleased. I don't mess with the speed, either. It is set to Auto and I have no problems.

BruceG
12-18-2002, 04:41 AM
I am very happy with my Axim. I haven't changed any of the defaults, and like the Eveready Bunny, it just keeps going and going. I recently went on a 5-mile jog, listening to MP3s on my Axim. I was gone for about 1.5 hours, playing music constantly, and my battery only dropped about 20%. My old Jornada 548 would have died after about an hour. I got a leather case from E&B which I attach to my belt, and just today I got a 512 MB Viking flash card - as God is my witness, I'll never need storage again! I haven't been using the docking station for synching, but rather the IR port - that way there's less stuff to carry around.

Rirath
12-18-2002, 06:04 AM
I got a 512 MB Viking flash card - as God is my witness, I'll never need storage again!

That's what they all say... :roll: Give it some time. :wink:

Kati Compton
12-18-2002, 06:12 AM
and just today I got a 512 MB Viking flash card - as God is my witness, I'll never need storage again!

I could wish for a 2Gig one... Even ripping at a lower bitrate than my "desktop" versions, my mp3 collection is far too big for a 512MB card. :( But I'm pretty happy overall with the 512.

stephen68
12-18-2002, 08:11 AM
My girlfriend bought me a Dell Axim for XMas. (It came way early and I have to figure out how to repackage it so she doesn't know I played with it!) Its the first PDA I ever owned and so far very happy with it. Good speed when compared with my friends Cassiopia. MP3 playback not as good as my dedicated Toshiba MP3 player but adequate. ( I did not buy it for music.) Solid, not at all flimsy as I saw some reviwers claim. Excellent battery life and bright screen that did not wash out when in sunlight. Looking forward to utilizing its full potential when I can use it without fear of upsetting the girlfriend!

Rirath
12-18-2002, 01:40 PM
Solid, not at all flimsy as I saw some reviwers claim.

Have to wonder... who has ever claimed the Axim to be flimsy? :wink:

dartman
12-18-2002, 03:30 PM
I didn't fully realize how terrible my IPAQ 3635 battery had become. It was never very good but it was deteriorating from there. It was almost to the point of being unusable out of the cradle. I considered getting a new battery put in but I decided to put the money into a new machine.

So far, the new Axim is wonderful. I thought about buying the bigger battery when it's available but I may not need it.

I'll use the Ipaq for some software development without fear of trashing my data.

dart