View Full Version : Browser Question

L8
12-17-2002, 07:32 PM
Good Afternoon,

New to the forum and new to the ppc with the Dell (just switched from a Palm Personal...remember when Palms didn't have numbers?).

I'll knock the other prelims...ordered 2 Axim 400s (his & hers) on Dec. 3, received both Dec. 13th. Have only opened one, but the "d-pad" is fine...my boss has the Toshiba 550 (I think) and likes the Dell pad on mine better.

So far, I am pretty happy...love being able to check email with a CF modem card...being able to travel w/o a laptop almost justifies the purchase by itself.

Anyway, I am having an issue hitting some secured sites through the delivered IE browser...after entering my password, I either get a message saying that my browser has sent information that the server cannot understand or to delivers a basically blank page. Are there limits, heavy graphics aside, from the sites the ppc can access?

Thanks for reading and have a happy holidays.

Jake

Gremmie
12-17-2002, 08:56 PM
What kind of sites are these? Are these sites that you suspect require a lot of security like bank sites, email access, etc? Also, the browser, Pocket Internet Explorer (PIE), is not perfect. Some code cannot be recognized. I won't get into all the quarks it may be, knowing which kind of sites they are will help, but in the meantime I'll suggest that you download NetFront browser from ACCESS. Its a good browser, don't purchase it, just download the demo version and see if that browser can read those same sites. If it does, you may want to consider it, if not, we'll go from there.

Link to NetFront (download the demo)
http://www.access.co.jp/english/ppc/index.html

L8
12-18-2002, 03:41 AM
Grimmie,

Thanks for the feedback. I will give it a whirl.

- Jake