View Full Version : T-Mobile Data Only Plan

mpfeifer
12-17-2002, 05:11 AM
After an hour on the phone with T-Mobile, I finally got someone that knew you could add a data only plan to the pocket pc phone. However, it seems they have changed their data plans a little. Instead of 19.99 for 10 MB, you only get 5 unless you have a voice line as well.

Does anyone remember or know if that changed recently or awhile back? I remember seeing 10 and an e-mail from a rep stated the 10 MB plan was still offered and it could be stand alone or as an add on.

Thanks,
Mark

Monty Gibson
12-17-2002, 12:10 PM
After an hour on the phone with T-Mobile, I finally got someone that knew you could add a data only plan to the pocket pc phone. However, it seems they have changed their data plans a little. Instead of 19.99 for 10 MB, you only get 5 unless you have a voice line as well.

Does anyone remember or know if that changed recently or awhile back? I remember seeing 10 and an e-mail from a rep stated the 10 MB plan was still offered and it could be stand alone or as an add on.

Thanks,
Mark

To my knowledge with the PocketPCPhone you have to have a calling plan in order to receive the 10MB data plan. That's what the representative told me both here in the T-Mobile retail store (not just an "authorized" dealer) and on the T-Mobile customer service hotline.

Take care,
Monty Gibson

mpfeifer
12-22-2002, 08:46 PM
Just to follow up -

If you want the data only plan, make sure you get the reps to transfer you to the wireless data group. I spent an hour going through three reps and a supervisor who told me I need a voice plan to get the data plans. Once I got to the wireless data group, everything was set up in 3 minutes.

Also, T-Mobile stated the 10MB plan is for voice/data plans. They used to have a 10MB data plan but that was $34.99. When they lowered their prices they got rid of the data only plan.

Mark