View Full Version : Epiphany(I think that how you spell it)

Bearjaw
12-16-2002, 09:33 PM
After only a week with my"Mini-me" my new Axim I am convinced that I can never go back to a Palm Device. I gave my wife my old Palm IIIxe to make room in the pocket for my new little buddy. My wife isnt the most tech savy lady in the world(although she did buy me a Mosterpower line conditioner for my HT system..without me asking) and she looks at PPC's and palm pilots as big calculators(nerdilators she calls them) But she was happy to take the old one off my hands. Well she left it at home today so I thought I would see what kind of things I left on it. She must have let the batteries go cause it was like it came from the factory. And thats when I noticed what I was doing. I was actually three inches from the screen just to see what I was doing! Then I realized all thats wrong with the Palm devices. The interface is bad(atleast on the IIIxe) not mush in the way of email or anythiong else I might find usefull now. Its an ugly black cheap looking plastic. It doesnt multitask. I love to open up an ebook while listening to my MP3's and surf the net with my wireless card plugged in. I dont know why I waited so long to jump into the pocket PC realm. There is nothing better. I would love to hear stories of youir switches to the PPC I'm sure all the new Dell owners have want to share their thoughts.

Janak Parekh
12-16-2002, 10:10 PM
Welcome to the light. :D

The Dell is really the first device that makes it easy to put aside the cost concerns and just go for it. A beautiful display doesn't hurt either.

--janak