View Full Version : App Mover?

inkfox
12-16-2002, 08:08 PM
I just got an SD memory card and a MicroDrive.

I'd like to move some of my apps out of my IPAQ's main memory.

I tried simply creating a Program Files folder on the card and moving an app there, but it didn't run anymore. (Damn. Not quite that simple.)

Is it possible to do this without reinstalling the apps? Is there a program which will update whatever registry entries rely on the location?

PhatCohiba
12-16-2002, 08:32 PM
It is my opinion that you will need to uninstall / reinstall each app.

Good Luck.

-John

Qman
12-16-2002, 08:49 PM
I do it all the time but you'll have to create a new shortcut after you move them though.

BTW what are the programs you're trying to move?

inkfox
12-16-2002, 09:29 PM
I do it all the time but you'll have to create a new shortcut after you move them though.

BTW what are the programs you're trying to move?

How do you edit the shortcuts?

I tried moving the Llamasoft "Reflex" demo first. When things work, I'll move Mazingo, Pocket Streets, PicturePerfect, PocketTV and other things I don't use daily. I want to keep the RAM footprint only as large as it needs to be.

dcharles18
12-28-2002, 06:36 PM
How do you edit the shortcuts?

I tried moving the Llamasoft "Reflex" demo first. When things work, I'll move Mazingo, Pocket Streets, PicturePerfect, PocketTV and other things I don't use daily. I want to keep the RAM footprint only as large as it needs to be.

Simply go to the program file wherever it is on your storage card using file explorer, tap and hold, and select 'copy'. Then go to where you would like the shortcut, tap and hold again, and select 'paste shortcut'.

You can also do this on your PC via Active Sync while connected.