View Full Version : Panning with nav

Rirath
12-16-2002, 01:27 PM
Hey, anyone know an image app that allows you to pan images using the nav key, or scroll wheel, or something? Resco and Pocket Quick View both only seem to support tap-drag actions, and that's highly annoying. (Even using the zoom nav window) Is there some setting I'm missing in Resco that would allow panning using the nav keys? Pocket IE wouldn't work, I need the features of a full scale image viewer.

I'm seriously getting ticked at Resco, as the click-drag action keeps pulling me out of full screen. Not to mention it can't be good for the screen. I've found you can click-hold til the menu pops up, then click higher and use that as a page up / down, but still more effort than I'd prefer. -_-;

Jason Dunn
12-16-2002, 04:08 PM
This is an interesting request. If the d-pad controlled the panning function, what would you suggest be the control interface for advancing from one image to another? Would you like to be able to set this as an option? Can I ask what specific application you need this for? (ie: one-handed operation for image panning?)

Rirath
12-17-2002, 03:45 AM
This is an interesting request. If the d-pad controlled the panning function, what would you suggest be the control interface for advancing from one image to another? Would you like to be able to set this as an option? Can I ask what specific application you need this for? (ie: one-handed operation for image panning?)

I like to read manga on my Pocket PC, like an Ebook. After a little playing with the size, I've discovered the optimal way for me to view the text and graphics is to size every image at 320 wide. I then use Resco to set view all landscape, and I set the next image command to a button so it's easier to flip through while holding the pocket pc from the side. All this leaves is scrolling down the page, which I'd like to be as simple as clicking down. Or in my case, since I'd hope this would be customizable like everything else, clicking right. (since the pocket pc is landscape)

Basically it'd be much like the PC image viewer ACDSee, where you can use the arrow keys to pan.