View Full Version : New Microsoft Pocket Pack on MMC/SD

Terry
12-16-2002, 07:59 AM
CompUSA has a new Microsoft Pocket Pack on an MMC/SD card for about $30 bucks. I picked one up and don't think it's worth the card it's copied on. :cry:

It has a few games: Cubicle Chaos (available free from the MS Site), Fire Drill, Killer Commute, Stock Scramble, Task Master (without any help on how to use them), and a crossword puzzle (extra puzzles are available from the vendor), a couple of themes (both ocean themes...one theme has a white spot that made me worry I had a bad pixel and neither is very inventive or interesting), a WMA music file (one only), an e-book on Pocket Word (a dictionary/thesaurus would have been a better choice), and an add for Club Pocket PC.

The "values" inside are two for one offer from Handango, a free magnetic mount if you buy a Pharos GPS, buy Scrabble and get Monopoly free, and save $5 on an IPAQ case from Targus. Wow.

The card appears to be 16mb ...I cannot tell if it is MMC or SD. $30 is a bit high for 16mb (since the best use will probably be to reformat it). I might have to go for the Monopoly/Scrabble deal just to get my monies worth!