View Full Version : media player / PC sleeve / hard-reset ... anyone else had one of these?

jojo
12-15-2002, 01:54 PM
I am wondering have anyone seen one of these on their machine?

I've got a 36xx and I've been getting some hard reset lately.... it just kinda happen on its own, one minute it's fine, then later I pull it out, the power button won't turn it on, do a soft reset only to see it does a hard reset.... :?

My suspcious is on playing MP3 from my CF card that's in the PCMCIA sleeve vis adaptor.. I think that I didn't shut down media player properly before I remove the sleeve, somehow the program kept the machine running and draing the battery or it temporary lost power during that change over...

Is that a common problem or is there something wrong with something else? I'm trying to find the cause for it to prevent those hard reset... all these restoring is driving me maaaaaaaad!!! :(

mscdex
12-15-2002, 07:53 PM
I have a somewhat similar problem with my 3635. Did you install programs like jslandscape, nyditot, cnetx cleartype applet and if you did install one of these did you not do a soft reset after installing? I ask this because my ipaq would perform a hard reset when i would soft reset after installing those applications (it said to do a soft reset before using the program(s)). Although, those programs used to work before on my ipaq, but I only started having the problem when I upgraded my ROM to 2.20. :?