View Full Version : Screen Protectors

salocorgan69
12-15-2002, 01:01 AM
Hi,

Really sorry if this has been asked before, but I cant seem to find anything....

Which screen protectors are suitable for the axim? Do any 3.5" screen protectors fit?

I know the writeshields fit, but theyre a little pricey! (how bout a xmas discount guys?? ;) )

Anybody know of any rebates/discounts on any protectors at the mo?

Thanks! :)

btw: got my axim yesterday - loving it!

Dave Beauvais
12-15-2002, 01:27 AM
It has been asked before. Many times, in fact. Here is the most recent thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5359) (started two weeks ago), which is also in the Dell Pocket PCs forum and has the exact same subject line as your post. :roll: I found it by using the Search (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/search.php) feature in the menu bar at the top of the page. My search term was "protect."

--Dave

Steven Cedrone
12-15-2002, 05:09 AM
Hi,

Really sorry if this has been asked before, but I cant seem to find anything....

Which screen protectors are suitable for the axim? Do any 3.5" screen protectors fit?

I know the writeshields fit, but theyre a little pricey! (how bout a xmas discount guys?? ;) )

Anybody know of any rebates/discounts on any protectors at the mo?

Thanks! :)

btw: got my axim yesterday - loving it!

salocorgan69,

Feel free to PM me if you are having trouble locating some of the features on the site.

Steve

Dave Beauvais
12-15-2002, 09:15 AM
salocorgan69,

Sorry if I came off as a little rude with that first post. It just seems as though there are so many duplicated threads and redundant information because people start new topics instead of searching for existing ones. A search for "screen protect*" in all forums turns up quite a few relevent threads with links to manufacturers of screen protectors, opinions of users, etc. My point is, many questions have been asked and answered many times already and a simple search of the forums will likely turn up the answer to your question without having to ask again.

That said, please don't hesitate to ask a question whenever you have one after doing a little searching, first. Pocket PC Thoughts is, in my opinion, the best Pocket PC-related site on the Internet. We've got a great community of people here who are willing to help out, share experiences, and just have fun. It's always great to see a new Pocket PC user getting started, and I apologize for jumping down your throat. :oops: Welcome aboard!

--Dave

dmkozak
12-15-2002, 05:28 PM
salocorgan69,

Sorry if I came off as a little rude with that first post. It just seems as though there are so many duplicated threads and redundant information because people start new topics instead of searching for existing ones.

Please help me out here. Isn't that exactly what you did? There's a Dell Axim specific screen protector thread a few down from yours. A little voice in the back of head asks, didn't he even look at the first page of Dell Axim threads before starting his own?

salocorgan69
12-15-2002, 05:40 PM
No worries -

the truth is I hate redundancy, and am often keen to jump down other people's throats for doing stuff like my first post.

Truth was I was dashing out the door, but wanted an answer by the time I got back.... I looked for a search link near the top of the page, but somehow didnt spot it right up there.

That being said, parts of my post were NOT answered by the other threads - I asked if anyone knew of any current discounts right now. Most of the other post (which I followed when it came out) regards the virtues, or not, of using a screen protector. I think there were 2 posts that answered whether other 3.5 inch screen protectors would work, but they didnt feel authoritive to me, (you know, phrases like "should work")

Anyways, thanks to the admins for an awesome site in all regards - I love the look, speed at which its updated, and overall feel. No other site comes close in my opinion.

Dave Beauvais
12-15-2002, 08:08 PM
... any current discounts right now. ...
I'm really not sure. In my opinion, if you go with either the G2 Screen Protectors (http://www.pdascreenprotectors.com) or NuShields (http://www.nushield.com/personal_home.htm), even if they do cost a little more, they're worth it simply because they last so long. I've been using the same G2 for around seven months now with no visible damage at all.

... I think there were 2 posts that answered whether other 3.5 inch screen protectors would work, but they didnt feel authoritive to me, (you know, phrases like "should work") ...
I will say with 97.53% certainty that a protector designed for one 3.5 inch screen will work on any other Pocket PC with a 3.5 inch screen. For example, a protector designed for a 3800 or later series iPAQ will not work since those models use a 3.8 inch screen; same with one designed for the Toshiba e550g's 4 inch screen. However, since almost all other Pocket PCs use the same size 3.5 inch screen, it really shouldn't matter what you get. (Note that I am not 100% sure of this, but a quick e-mail to the protector manufacturer should confirm it. The folks at PDA Screen Protectors.com have always replied within just a few hours.)

--Dave

salocorgan69
12-15-2002, 11:23 PM
Thanks - will do :)

Hx4700
12-17-2002, 07:08 AM
I just got my Axim today to replace my Jornada. The Jornada screen protectors fit perfectly. I measured the screens. They are the exact same down to the millimeter.
Ron...
PS - the G2 are very clear and tough.

Sunnyone
12-17-2002, 04:14 PM
I also had a package of left-over Jornada protectors. You're right, they work great. Thanks for the tip!