View Full Version : Euro public service anouncement

Fishie
12-14-2002, 10:44 PM
Media mart has bought a huge batch of toshiba E 310 machines and is selling them for 349€.
This is by far the lowest price for a PPC device in Europe ever and for once is even a lot lower then the price the machines sell for in the US.
Oh and that price of course includes the VAT.

Have fun peeps.

GoldKey
12-14-2002, 11:21 PM
for once is even a lot lower then the price the machines sell for in the US.

Close, but not quite.

349 Euros = $356 US

Amazon.com sells them here for $299

Of course, I don't know what the VAT is, so maybe it is.

Fishie
12-14-2002, 11:42 PM
for once is even a lot lower then the price the machines sell for in the US.

Close, but not quite.

349 Euros = $356 US

Amazon.com sells them here for $299

Of course, I don't know what the VAT is, so maybe it is.

VAT over here is 21%.

Oh heh, the Euro is higher then the dollar again, gotta love Republican Presidents, thanks to them visiting the US always is cheap :twisted:

Fishie
12-14-2002, 11:43 PM
Oh and as always on all oure electronics it includes a ful year of manufacturers warrantee.

GoldKey
12-15-2002, 12:14 AM
VAT over here is 21%.

Oh heh, the Euro is higher then the dollar again, gotta love Republican Presidents, thanks to them visiting the US always is cheap :twisted:

OUCH! and I was upset when they voted to up our sales tax to 7.5% in Florida.

We are more than happy for you to come here and visit. Tourism is a big chunk of Floridas economy.

Fishie
12-15-2002, 01:25 AM
VAT over here is 21%.

OUCH! and I was upset when they voted to up our sales tax to 7.5% in Florida.

We are more than happy for you to come here and visit. Tourism is a big chunk of Floridas economy.

I know and even tough I have a friend living in florida I havent been there yet.
When im in the US its ussualy LA, New York, Cedar rapids, Chicago or Indiana.
I see him every year at E3 in LA.
Been trying to convince the guy to get a PPC, I think he will break anny day now and order that axim. :lol:

serpico
12-15-2002, 02:54 AM
It's hard convincing us guys to lose our Palms! Maybe next year PPC for me, they are looking better every year. :lol:

Fishie
12-15-2002, 03:17 AM
Dude get rid of that Pinguin in youre avatar before Ed sees it.
:D

JvanEkris
12-15-2002, 10:50 AM
Be aware though: Amazon does NOT deliver electronics to Europe....

Jaap

Fishie
12-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Be aware though: Amazon does NOT deliver electronics to Europe....

Jaap

And even if they did the shipping would be expensive, there is the obligotary 21% tax over here and they charge an import duty, so the 299$ Toshiba would end up costing close to 500$.