View Full Version : Another D Pad Question/Issue

PotPie
12-13-2002, 04:50 PM
Ok, I know that this issue has been discussed on previous posts. However, I could never find a definite answer to the following question:

Is the directional pad suppose to select a highlighted item/application when it is pushed in?????

My D Pad seems to work fine with the exception of when I push it in, it won't select or open the application. I can push in on the side toggle switch, but the d pad does nothing. I can say that they is a definite "click" when I push it in, indicating that maybe something should happen,but nothing happens.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Does anyone have a D Pad that does open applications by pressing it in???

If this is answered in another post, could you please point that out to me?

Thanks for your help.

pigwind
12-13-2002, 05:14 PM
I was wondering about that myself. I was just going to ask if there are any programs out there I could try that actually use a center press just to see if my button works.

The center press button sure doesn't do anything on my contacts on outlook.

regards,
piggy

mike6024
12-13-2002, 06:17 PM
No, on the Dell the hardware "Enter" key or what have you, is the jog dial on the side device. Pushing it straight in sends the OK message.

enemy2k2
12-13-2002, 07:29 PM
Holy smokes, that DOES work! I didn't think it was true until I just tried again, it has a long travel :!: Also gives off a nice affirmative click... this thing just keeps getting better and better :D I was almost thinking something was wrong with mine because I would push it in a bit and nothing would happen and I felt pushing it too hard wouldn't be a good thing - I was wrong! haha Is there any way to test the center D-Pad button?

The Big Jay
12-13-2002, 08:48 PM
Ok, I know that this issue has been discussed on previous posts. However, I could never find a definite answer to the following question:

Is the directional pad suppose to select a highlighted item/application when it is pushed in?????

My D Pad seems to work fine with the exception of when I push it in, it won't select or open the application. I can push in on the side toggle switch, but the d pad does nothing. I can say that they is a definite "click" when I push it in, indicating that maybe something should happen,but nothing happens.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Does anyone have a D Pad that does open applications by pressing it in???

If this is answered in another post, could you please point that out to me?

Thanks for your help.

Yes. I think it's just an issue with Dell's pda.

mike6024
12-13-2002, 09:07 PM
Holy smokes, that DOES work! I didn't think it was true until I just tried again, it has a long travel :!: Also gives off a nice affirmative click... this thing just keeps getting better and better :D I was almost thinking something was wrong with mine because I would push it in a bit and nothing would happen and I felt pushing it too hard wouldn't be a good thing - I was wrong! haha Is there any way to test the center D-Pad button?

Yeah, the jog needs a nice push or else it won't register. Anyway, I just don't think the D-pad sends off any messages. I've been trying to catch them in some of my apps I've written and nada. Pretty stupid that the pad actually pushes in then, huh? :?