View Full Version : Calling all Loox Owners

Jason Dunn
12-13-2002, 05:58 AM
So you say you've always wanted to run a Pocket PC Web site and the Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket Loox is the best Pocket PC ever made? Brother, have I got a deal for you!<br /><br />"For various reasons that I am unable to go into I will be unable to continue running the Firstloox website for very much longer - a few weeks at most. I would like to the site resources and forums to continue to be available to Loox users. As such I would like to pass them on to someone else. If anyone wishes to take on the site please e-mail me at [email protected]. Should no-one wish to take on the site then I will leave the forums open (and the rest of the site as it currently stands) for as long as possible - at least until the webspace is due for renewal. Thanks for reading.<br /><br />Duncan<br />FirstLoox.org"

gpspassion
12-13-2002, 06:22 AM
Sorry to hear that. Running a site is lot of work...
Hope you can find someone to pick up the gauntlet!
Thank for a great site anyway ;-)

ThomasC22
12-13-2002, 07:10 AM
Wish I could help Duncan, but I've never so much as seen a Loox. I hope someone takes up the cause, as it was. I hope you leaving for better opportunities.

Just don't go and start a PDA site about Pink PDAs. :)

NLS
12-13-2002, 08:36 AM
I would say he just left the LOOX camp (and good that he did - LOOX hasn't been what people expected).

I hope he now has a really good PDA like e740 (which is great - forget what some people say) or H5450...

Duncan
12-13-2002, 09:49 AM
No - not left the Loox camp at all. It is still a great Pocket PC and I'm proud to own one. It has its problems yes - but no more than the e740, and considerably fewer than the Casio E200. Never let us forget that both Dell Axim and iPAQ 5450 have had reported issues already!

Third Law of Pocket PC ownership - 'Any time you criiticise the quality of another make of Pocket PC, a bug will be found in yours to compensate' :wink:

ThomasC22,

No new pastures for me - just going to kick back and enjoy pure ownership, take some time out etc. - mind you - a site about pink PDAs... makes me wonder what Jason's next demographic survey will be... :wink:

WillyG
12-13-2002, 10:20 AM
This is a sad day for us Loox owners. Firstloox was a great source for Loox focused news, not to mention the forums. Firstloox forums was of great help more than once, when trying to get AS over BT working and a few other things.
I will miss this star when it falls down from the PDA sky. Wish all involved with running the site all the best for the future!
Hope all "inhabitants" on the forum move over here to Thoughts as the FSC Loox group is way to slim here (Firstloox is to blame for that ;))

Duncan
12-13-2002, 10:26 AM
WillyG,

First Loox will continue - just with new people at the helm! The forums will be back as well! :) :)

farnold
12-13-2002, 11:23 AM
No worries, mates. Duncan started an excellent thing with Firstloox some 7+ months ago and members and guests will enjoy what's been started back in April in the future as well. I for myself have to thank Duncan for his initiative to start Firstloox and for his commitment over the last months.

I would not say that the LOOX is the best PocketPC around - not that I would know of any better one :D but there is never ever such a superior thing and if there were it would just be for a few weeks or months. But FIRSTLOOX was a special place the way Duncan created it. It will be the responsibility of successors to keep it this way. I will try to add my little part as moderator to help making this possible.

hollis_f
12-13-2002, 04:13 PM
Sad to see Duncan going. Firstloox was quite possibly the best thing about owning a Loox. But it seems the gods have conspired against me having any sort of relationship with one. First they made enough bugs so that the intitial enthusiasm died early. Then they presented me with a fairly cheap iPAQ 3970 (which I had to buy when I placed the two screens side-by-side). Finally they sent some thief to ensure that my Loox and I parted company forever.

I'm so disappointed that FSC cocked-up so badly with the Loox and I think they may as well throw in the towel if FirstLoox doesn't survive.

JvanEkris
12-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Guys,

I will continue to visit firstloox until
a. you bring the site down permanently
b. i die.

I love this site, the people that made it what it was, and i will continue to support them if i can.

Duncan, it is very sad to see you go, but if your successor is only half as good as you, it will be a terribly well-run site.

Jaap

toshtoshtosh
12-14-2002, 01:44 AM
until you die???? 8O

JvanEkris
12-14-2002, 01:03 PM
I test nuclear power plants and stuff. So it is an option that i get blown up before Firstloox reaches its End Of Life....

Jaap

farnold
12-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Jaap,
we hope that won't happen, mate 8O But I think your chances should be pretty low there :D

ThomasC22
12-14-2002, 09:11 PM
First Loox will continue - just with new people at the helm! The forums will be back as well! :) :)

Sorry, I was late, does that mean you've found someone?

farnold
12-14-2002, 09:14 PM
ThomasC22,

I'm one of the moderators at Firstloox and we are right in the middle of discussions with a number of people willing to ensure the future of Firstloox. It shouldn't be long and we're back.