View Full Version : In transit question....

rein
12-13-2002, 02:41 AM
When I ordered an Axim for a gift the ship date showed 12/19/02. I decided since it was a present I had better get overnight shipping. Well, now the order status shows in transit. No tracking number or anything. Does this mean I should expect delivery tomorrow morning? Is in Transit shipped from them to here or is it more of moving to a prep/shipping warehouse? If it is delivered tomorrow morning it will not be that big of a deal. However, monday I will not be here to sign for it. :cry:

I also wanted to point out it still shows Dec 18-20 for estimated delivery date. That is where my main point of confusion is coming from.

Kati Compton
12-13-2002, 02:47 AM
When I ordered an Axim for a gift the ship date showed 12/19/02. I decided since it was a present I had better get overnight shipping. Well, now the order status shows in transit. No tracking number or anything. Does this mean I should expect delivery tomorrow morning? Is in Transit shipped from them to here or is it more of moving to a prep/shipping warehouse? If it is delivered tomorrow morning it will not be that big of a deal. However, monday I will not be here to sign for it. :cry:

"In transit" means that they've given it to the people that take it to the shippers, but that process could be very quick or take a couple days. Hard to say. Your status will likely continue to say "In transit" until well after you receive your Axim. Use the phone order status service (the automated one - don't talk to a representative who may just check the net-based one). The phone order status is usually more up-to-date. Your tracking number may not "work" for a few hours after you get it, as the tracking numbers are chosen before the package is first scanned by the shipper. It took mine 8 hours to register.

rein
12-13-2002, 02:53 AM
Thanks Kati

BTW, is there a 24 hour number available to call or do I have to call during normal operation hours?

Kati Compton
12-13-2002, 02:58 AM
Thanks Kati

BTW, is there a 24 hour number available to call or do I have to call during normal operation hours?

I would expect it's 24 hours. Call the main number, there should be options. Otherwise you can search the Dell Axim user forums, and I think the exact phone keypresses have been listed by one of the users.

rein
12-13-2002, 03:05 AM
Thanks much. I looked on the site and only remembered seeing the main number as being listed for certain times of the day. I will give it a try. Once again, thanks for your help. I just don't want to play tag with FedEx since they do not have a local distribution center. That would mean several days of tag before I would hopefully be able to catch up to them.

rein
12-13-2002, 03:16 AM
Thanks once again Kati

I found the "other" 800 number and it actually has shipped out Fedex. Wow, it wasn't supposed to ship till the 19th. Hope that this is a good sign and that everything will be in perfect working order. My fear is I got one of the "returned" ones that had direction pad misplacementitis. :wink:

Oh well, with the service I have read about so far it shouldn't be a problem getting it replaced if anything is wrong.

drop
12-16-2002, 06:24 PM
I finally received mine last Friday, Sweet!

On my Order Watch, it still shows "in Transit" today :?: . I was "In Transit" since Dec. 1. I am not sure how well Dell's shipping system and Order Watch talk to each other. The estimated shipping date on my order was more actuate.

Yours is coming, soon.

rein
12-17-2002, 12:44 AM
Got mine ...er hers in today. I can't charge it up or anything seeing as how it is a present for someone else. I did go through and make sure everything was in the box. I looked at her Axim and the control pad seems to be dead center. I moved it around and noticed nothing strange so I don't think she will have the problems a few others have had. After seeing hers, even turned off, I am going to place an order for mine next week.

Angileri
12-17-2002, 08:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

Well I decided to check my order (ordered on the 6th, was suppose to ship on the 23rd). and found out it had shipped today! So I am very happy and anxiously await my new toy. But the shipping number that dell gave to me on the phone started with a 1ZZ number and when I went to UPS they said that it was an invalid tracking number, does this have something to do with the not being able to use the tracking number for 4 hours or something like that, which I was reading earlier?

Thanks,
Ben

Kati Compton
12-17-2002, 04:32 PM
But the shipping number that dell gave to me on the phone started with a 1ZZ number and when I went to UPS they said that it was an invalid tracking number, does this have something to do with the not being able to use the tracking number for 4 hours or something like that, which I was reading earlier?

Either that, or you misheard the second Z. I'm not sure of the UPS number format.

phxflyboy
12-17-2002, 05:36 PM
Angileri,

That second "Z" you heard in the tracking number is actually a "V". Try it again that way and you should have better success.

phxflyboy

Angileri
12-17-2002, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the info phxflyboy, I did change the number to 1ZV but I received the following message from the UPS web site:

"We could not find information for this Tracking Number"

I wonder if it has something to do with the website saying that it is in transit and the phone saying it has been shipped.

If it is still in transit I could see that a tracking number was assigned, but possible UPS has not scanned it in yet and that some how makes sense to me.

Thanks again for the letter correction.

Ben

phxflyboy
12-17-2002, 06:06 PM
You are probably right about UPS not scanning it in yet. This whold shipping debacle by Dell is almost funny. Well, it will be funny later today after mine is in hand. My leather case and cradle show "In Transit" to the shipper and I got them last Friday! My guess for you would be to just keep trying that shipping number throughout the day. In my experience with UPS they are one of the better shippers for tracking info.

phxflyboy

style26062
12-17-2002, 06:57 PM
Well yesterday it showed in production. I was in the dell axim order status forum yesterday and Cathy from Dell is helping everyone out there. She hooked me up with free overnitte shipping. I think she got mine too late though. Looks like it's still coming by Stage coach. Got my tracking number but it's not in the system yet. But I should still see it by xmas! I ordered on the afternoon of the 6th.

Style
Palm, Palm III, Palm V, Palm VII, Psion, Rex, Axim =)

phxflyboy
12-17-2002, 07:28 PM
In another thread on this forum, steveNYC just said he ordered on the 5th and got his today. So you might get it sooner than expected.

phxflyboy

tccox
12-17-2002, 08:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

Well I decided to check my order (ordered on the 6th, was suppose to ship on the 23rd). and found out it had shipped today! So I am very happy and anxiously await my new toy. But the shipping number that dell gave to me on the phone started with a 1ZZ number and when I went to UPS they said that it was an invalid tracking number, does this have something to do with the not being able to use the tracking number for 4 hours or something like that, which I was reading earlier?

Thanks,
Ben

Try a "V" instead of a "Z". I made the same mistake The computer voice on the phone makes them both sound the same

Angileri
12-17-2002, 09:52 PM
Thanks Terry,

I have changed to the V and UPS still says that is does not have any information, so I will wait until tomorrow morning and check again, and maybe give a call to Dell and see what they have to say.

Kati Compton
12-17-2002, 10:01 PM
Thanks Terry,

I have changed to the V and UPS still says that is does not have any information, so I will wait until tomorrow morning and check again, and maybe give a call to Dell and see what they have to say.

If it says that it does not have any information, it's probably the right number. If it says invalid number, it's probably incorrect....

Angileri
12-17-2002, 11:01 PM
Well I still have the problem with UPS not having any information on the tracking number. But I did receive the following information from Dell's site:

Package Shipped on 12/16/2002 Stage: In Transit

Carrier: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Delivery Estimate: December 20 - December 24

So I am satisfied that it is on its way :), hopefully I will receive it before the weekend and will not have to wait until next week.

Ciao!
Ben