View Full Version : Random User Survey #6

Jason Dunn
12-13-2002, 06:00 PM
Although I can get a great deal of information from analyzing my Web server logs, surveys are fun, and you're all so great about answering them! Don't worry, we're almost done. :lol:

Jimmy Dodd
12-13-2002, 06:24 PM
OK, just out of curiosity, why is Western Europe grouped with Russia? Geographically, Eastern Europe is between them, unless my maps are broken (they are kind of old and with the USSR breaking up and all those Eastern European countries shuffling around a few years back maybe I need new maps).

Is there some reason?

snayar
12-13-2002, 06:24 PM
It would have been nice to see a category like "Latin America" just to see how we're doing down here! :wink:

BTW, I live in Mexico and here, even though Palms still rule the Mexican Market (yuck!), Pocket PC's are showing up a lot lateley, we even have our very own Mexican Pocket PC... The Alaska Cove Pocket PC (http://www.alaska.com.mx/pocketpc/), not the greatest but at $384 Dollars, still good and not that expensive compared to the $500 Dollar HP Jornada 540 at our local Office Depot! 8O

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes,
Sergio Nayar

Mark (NL)
12-13-2002, 06:28 PM
Jason,

Why you put Western Europe/ Russia together... doesn't seem very obvious since they are so far apart <lol>

Andy Sjostrom
12-13-2002, 06:28 PM
OK, just out of curiosity, why is Western Europe grouped with Russia? Geographically, Eastern Europe is between them, unless my maps are broken (they are kind of old and with the USSR breaking up and all those Eastern European countries shuffling around a few years back maybe I need new maps).

Is there some reason?

Nope. No reason! You are right! Just fixed! :D

wrightca
12-13-2002, 06:29 PM
I show Eastern Europe grouped with Russia.

A month ago I would have had to select USA, today, I have to select Western Europe.

Not bad, just a little colder, and the days are shorter.

Andy Sjostrom
12-13-2002, 06:29 PM
Jason,

Why you put Western Europe/ Russia together... doesn't seem very obvious since they are so far apart <lol>

Guys! Go easy on the dude! He's Canadian! Ever heard of Canadian geography lessons!? :lol:

Mark (NL)
12-13-2002, 06:30 PM
lol Guess not the only one noticing that

Ed Hansberry
You forgot California. That isn't part of the US is it? :wink: :onfire:

wrightca
Hey, where is the selection for the Middle East?

ha ha haha

Ohh, this isn't a pocket abacus site. Sorry.

Andy Sjostrom
I show Eastern Europe grouped with Russia.

Yup. Corrected! Thanks!

wrightca
12-13-2002, 06:32 PM
You forgot California. That isn't part of the US is it? :wink: :onfire:

Only when it's convenient for them.

Andy Sjostrom
12-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Expect to see Western Europe go much higher on Monday! This was posted on Friday evening...

wrightca
12-13-2002, 06:39 PM
Expect to see Western Europe go much higher on Monday! This was posted on Friday evening...

Well, I have DSL at home. So I'm all good. I don't get to read this from work all that much. I'm usually too busy.

Andy Sjostrom
12-13-2002, 06:39 PM
HEY! Eastern Europe / Western Europe is no more!

Just a couple of minutes ago it was announced that Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, the Chechz Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Cyprus and Malta were accepted as members of the European Union!

So, the survey should really say "Europe in European Union" and "Europe outside of European Union"!

:D

salocorgan69
12-13-2002, 06:41 PM
Does Africa *have* to be lumped into the "Other" category?

How do you ever expect us to cross the digital divide when we're not even recognized ;-)

Mark (NL)
12-13-2002, 06:44 PM
ARGGGGGHHHHHH Politics, after the Euro another major error... EU will just cost way too much money

wrightca
12-13-2002, 06:52 PM
ARGGGGGHHHHHH Politics, after the Euro another major error... EU will just cost way too much money

I sense some hostility.

Where are my Deutsche Marks?

But, I can see where it comes from. We are exempt from alot of the taxes under NATO Status of Forces Agreement. I really wouldn't want to pay VAT on everything I buy. I thought the 7 and 8 percent sales tax in the states was bad....

Jason Dunn
12-13-2002, 07:13 PM

Is there some reason?

Uh, yeah - I was dropped on my head as a chile many times. :oops:

Steven Cedrone
12-13-2002, 07:19 PM

Is there some reason?

You know this requires a witty yet sarcastic remark (that leaves me out). Oh well, I'll give it a try:

Better than me, I was dropped on my head as an Argentina many times... :lol:

Steve

jloyola
12-13-2002, 07:22 PM
:evil: ¡¡¡¡¡Other!!!!!!!!. What happen with you all guys from north latitudes. Southern people does not exist for you? Do you think we're living in the jungle. LatinAmerica exists and pocket pcs are really hot here. We're developing for wireless apps and we get it GSM and GPRS before US here in Chile.

wrightca
12-13-2002, 07:24 PM
I'm pissed too!

Where's the option for Fiji?

DrtyBlvd
12-13-2002, 07:40 PM
I'm pissed too!

Can I have a European translation? Drunk or angry?? :lol:

Everyone MUST go check this out:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/geosurvey/templates/question_1.html

Especially the stats for Canadian answers....
:wink:
I actually find it a bit frightening that 93% of People in Mexico know where they are. Means that 7% don't. :confused totally: (Can't recall the exact %'s)

Mike Wagstaff
12-13-2002, 07:40 PM
Me too! Why the heck isn't my home town in the list???!!

Yours disgustedly,

Cantankerous of Croydon

;)

icatar
12-13-2002, 07:43 PM
So, based on these polls, the average person on this site seems to be a 30 year old male, from the US, making more than $81K.

Guess we won't be seeing too many ads for "feminine products" for older women in third world countries.... :lol:

mv
:evil: ¡¡¡¡¡Other!!!!!!!!. What happen with you all guys from north latitudes. Southern people does not exist for you? Do you think we're living in the jungle. LatinAmerica exists and pocket pcs are really hot here. We're developing for wireless apps and we get it GSM and GPRS before US here in Chile.

Hi jloyola!! im chilean too (just speaking in english not to be rude) I think those northamericans envy our cheap GPRS unlimited connections, and also the cheap iPaqs!! That´s why they don´t mention us! ;)

Mario - Also known as "baguaya" in the spanish forum "mi pc de bolsillo"

wrightca
I'm pissed too!

Can I have a European translation? Drunk or angry?? :lol:

Especially the stats for Canadian answers....
:wink:
I actually find it a bit frightening that 93% of People in Mexico know where they are. Means that 7% don't. :confused totally: (Can't recall the exact %'s)

No European translation necessary. I'm an American. Just temporarily transplanted. Maybe it would mean drunk if I had more than one Schwaben Bräu in my fridge.

That survey was scary. At least I know I won't ever be the stoopedist purson in Amerika.

Kati Compton
12-13-2002, 08:11 PM

You know this requires a witty yet sarcastic remark (that leaves me out). Oh well, I'll give it a try:

Better than me, I was dropped on my head as an Argentina many times... :lol:

Or me - I was dropped on my head as a tomato.

Rudolf
12-13-2002, 08:12 PM

Just a couple of minutes ago it was announced that Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, the Chechz Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Cyprus and Malta were accepted as members of the European Union!

So, the survey should really say "Europe in European Union" and "Europe outside of European Union"!

on Friday 13th :evil: ... I hope it's not an omen. Otherwise I'm also quite surprised by the low number of easern europians.

Kevin Daly
12-13-2002, 08:13 PM
You guys think you've got problems, at least you're not part of the "0%".

Oh well.

I've personally had a relaxed attitude towards geographical groupings ever since I was living in Ireland and Israel won the Eurovision Song Contest.

Europe is a state of mind (unlike our neighbour Australia, which unkind people would say is on its way to being a state of...oops, I'd better not say it)

wrightca
12-13-2002, 08:30 PM
You guys think you've got problems, at least you're not part of the "0%".

Oh well.

I've personally had a relaxed attitude towards geographical groupings ever since I was living in Ireland and Israel won the Eurovision Song Contest.

Europe is a state of mind (unlike our neighbour Australia, which unkind people would say is on its way to being a state of...oops, I'd better not say it)

I'll participate in that state of mind! They have good wine, beer, and food. Except for that gluwine stuff. Too much Glu and not enough wine.

disconnected
12-13-2002, 08:38 PM
Speaking of the possible 30 year old male, from the US, making more than $81K demographic, I should think your advertisers would find a combined survey more enlightening, rather than several separate ones.
Maybe there's an untapped niche market of wealthy, older women from Finland, for instance, that spend time on this site.

Kati Compton
12-13-2002, 08:40 PM

Okay, who are the Americans that thought the Euro was endorsed by NATO??

I have to think that the people that are online, that get to the National Geographic site, volunteer to take the test, but get the question of identifing their own country on a map wrong are doing it on purpose. So I would look at those results and use them to indicate how many "false" answers are in the survey from each country. I actually find that result a bit interesting....

I should say that my geography is completely horrendous, but I got all questions right but two (most common religion - I wrongly guessed Buddhism, population of the US - couldn't remember if it was < 300 Mil or > 300 Mil, so I just asked my husband rather than embarrassing my country further).

I don't know about you guys, but when I took the test as long as I knew the general area of a country I could get it right. For the multiple choice answers, none of the selections were near each other. So, for example, I always have a hard time remembering which is Norway and which is Sweden (sorry guys - I said I'm horrible with geography), but it's pretty easy to figure out when one of the other options is Australia!

Tom Eichers
12-13-2002, 08:40 PM
Guess you would have to put Texas in there as a seperate country. :wink:

Kati Compton
12-13-2002, 08:41 PM
I'll participate in that state of mind! They have good wine, beer, and food. Except for that gluwine stuff. Too much Glu and not enough wine.

Too much vegemite, too. ;)

ShivShanks
12-13-2002, 08:50 PM
I'm not complaining but I find it strange that for Americans, Asia only means China/SE Asia/Japan ;) Hey there are so many other countries in Asia. I find it even stranger that in America, Asian is sometimes used like a generic term for people from China/Japan/Korea/SE Asia. What about the 1/5th of humanity that lives in South Asia including India :) At least the Europeans seem more aware of countries like India perhaps because the British ruled India for a long time. Okay maybe for the purpose of this survey you'd find very few users in other parts of Asia but still. Others is quite a large area in this survey Africa+Latin/Central America+Rest of Asia/Middle East. There are some well off nations in those regions like South Africa in Africa, quite a few rich countries in Middle East like UAE and other nations in Asia/LatAm.

wrightca
12-13-2002, 08:54 PM

Too much vegemite, too. ;)

Ewww, no vegemite here. Just Fanta! yaaay!

h3660
12-13-2002, 08:55 PM
Does Africa *have* to be lumped into the "Other" category?

How do you ever expect us to cross the digital divide when we're not even recognized ;-)

Yeah! Do these guys know there's a big clump of land called the African Continent. :roll:

Steven Cedrone
12-13-2002, 09:13 PM
I'm not complaining but I find it strange that for Americans, Asia only means China/SE Asia/Japan ;)

Ummm...

A Canadian wrote the survey. I find it strange that for Asians, America means Canada too... :wink: :lol: :wink:

Steve

ShivShanks
12-13-2002, 09:25 PM
Ummm...

A Canadian wrote the survey. I find it strange that for Asians, America means Canada too... :wink: :lol: :wink:

Steve

Well I made that comment in general and not just based on this poll :) Also last time I checked Canada was in America :P So why do people from the US of A feel the need to appropriate the term American or America for just themselves when in reality America includes all the countries in North well as South America ;)

DrtyBlvd
12-13-2002, 09:29 PM

Okay, who are the Americans that thought the Euro was endorsed by NATO??

I have to think that the people that are online, that get to the National Geographic site, volunteer to take the test, but get the question of identifing their own country on a map wrong are doing it on purpose. So I would look at those results and use them to indicate how many "false" answers are in the survey from each country. I actually find that result a bit interesting....

Kati -

The survey was actually conducted rather than being a stand-alone web-based test, I believe - Or so the media reported; although I haven't read the 'bumpf' on site so you may be right...

UPDATE

In a nation called the world's superpower, only 17 percent of young adults in the United States could find Afghanistan on a map, according to a new worldwide survey released today.

The young U.S. citizens received poor marks generally in geography. But then, as results showed, their counterparts in other countries were hardly star students.

The National Geographic–Roper 2002 Global Geographic Literacy Survey polled more than 3,000 18- to 24-year-olds in Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Sweden and the United States.

Kati Compton
12-13-2002, 09:30 PM
Well I made that comment in general and not just based on this poll :) Also last time I checked Canada was in America :P So why do people from the US of A feel the need to appropriate the term American or America for just themselves when in reality America includes all the countries in North well as South America ;)

In deference to Canada and Mexico as well as S. America, I tend to refer to my country as "the States" or the "US". But I do refer to myself as an American, as that is the accepted term... Not sure how to rectify that one.

DrtyBlvd
12-13-2002, 09:35 PM
Separate but related thought - if the Mercator map was actually different in that it showed the continents in a consistent scale, I wonder how things might be perceived differently? IE Africa being shown as large (To scale) as it actually is?

Any cartographers around?? :?:

Daniel
12-13-2002, 09:38 PM
There were certainly some funny results in the nat geo survey, I enjoyed the number of people who didn't know where Japan was. Also the people from Sweeden who didn't know where Sweeden was. I have to admit I too was confused by Norway and Sweeden, sorry. I got 3 questions wrong I think, I put Islam as the largest religion too.

I answered USA for the PPCT poll even though, if you'd asked me a couple of months ago, I would have said Australia.

Yes I like Vegemite, not I don't know why. :)

Daniel

DrtyBlvd
12-13-2002, 09:40 PM
Report analysis and further detail available here:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/11/1120_021120_GeoRoperSurvey.html

Sslixtis
12-13-2002, 09:43 PM
ShivShanksWell I made that comment in general and not just based on this poll Also last time I checked Canada was in America So why do people from the US of A feel the need to appropriate the term American or America for just themselves when in reality America includes all the countries in North well as South America

I believe it has something to do with the fact that The United States of America is way too long to say for most lazy people so it got shortened to America! Like saying UAE is much better than United Arab Emerates! And while we're at it why do most people drop the Great from Great Britain, and just call it Britain? Hey, I still think they are Great! :lol:

People are just lazy, especially Americans. :wink: So there ya go, the profound answer :idea:

Daniel
12-13-2002, 09:46 PM
But I do refer to myself as an American, as that is the accepted term... Not sure how to rectify that one.
An USian? Maybe it depends on your perspective, I'm sure some people would refer to you as a capitalist pig even though you may have completely different political and social views. :)

Actually there's probably nothing wrong with you calling yourself an American, it's the other countries that should be calling themselves that too, e.g:
Oh you're from Canada, so you're American then. ;)
Oh you're from Brazil, so you're American then.

Of course the Canadian would probably not be impressed, nor the Brazillian but it is acurate. :)

Daniel

Kati Compton
12-13-2002, 10:37 PM
Even if the survey was given to students in class instead of online users, I still think there's a lot of phony answers. Did any of you take surveys in school? If the students know they're not getting graded, there's certainly a tendency to not take it seriously. For example, people I knew in class would say that they started having sex 20 times a week at age 12. In high school for one of those exams testing the state of the school system, a couple people I knew filled it out in crayon just to be silly (which doesn't scan so well for the automatic scoring machines....).

Survey answers are always suspect because there's not really a test for correctness. Ever seen Family Feud? The game is to guess what people *said*, not the actual right answer.

numo
12-13-2002, 10:46 PM

This is the first time I see someone misspell the Czech republic and get the Slovakia and Slovenia right! :D For the next polls: we normally consider ourselves Middle Europe.

I surely hope that we will relatively soon be just one Europe, although the way to the really united Europe will be probably very long (I guess at least two generations) and bumpy.

Greetings from Slovakia.

ShivShanks
12-13-2002, 11:17 PM
believe it has something to do with the fact that The United States of America is way too long to say for most lazy people so it got shortened to America! Like saying UAE is much better than United Arab Emerates! And while we're at it why do most people drop the Great from Great Britain, and just call it Britain? Hey, I still think they are Great!

People are just lazy, especially Americans. So there ya go, the profound answer

Actually I personally think the reasons are a bit different. I've found people in the US to be generally more concerned about the immediate world around them than anything else :) I think there is quite a lack of understanding of the rest of the world and its affairs in the US than the other western countries or even so called "3rd World" countries. Perhaps its due to the fact that the US is so large whereas other European countries are smaller with neighbours around who affect them culturally I suppose. Lets take a small example. Take any newspaper in the US other than well respected ones like NY Times or the Wash. Post. Most of these other newspapers will have hardly a token coverage of world affairs even in the midst of some important world event! In fact most american newspapers are filled with advertisements more than anything else :D :roll: Hey in India (yes I'm an Indian living in the US now) the newspapers cover quite a bit of world affairs along with local/national news. Here in the Bay area to get good world news I have to subscribe to a newspaper like NY Times published all the way away from East Coast.
Perhaps some of these things are also reasons for the US foreign policy as it stands today :) I wonder how the US senators and congressmen would do in world geography/foreign affairs survey :) Now that the US finds itself increasingly involved with the rest of the world as the only super power it will find that pays to be a bit more informed about the rest of the world.

Jason Dunn
12-14-2002, 12:55 AM
Man, some of you people get SO worked up over the smallest things - do you truly think I was trying to offend you by excluding your country? People - take a deep breath! :lol:

Jonathon Watkins
12-14-2002, 01:05 AM
Hey Jason - isn't this "Pocket PC Thoughts of immense violence and frustration about the injustices of life and how they make me want to tell the world all my frustrations? :wink:

No? Must have the wrong site then.

Yes, Britain is still Great, but we usually use the UK (United Kingdom) ourselves.

Hey, I’m British, I have a Scottish Dad, a Welsh Mum I was born in England and have a Northern Irish wife. Clean sweep! :P :beer:

DrtyBlvd
12-14-2002, 01:09 AM
PDAG, I feel for you :lol:

Brad Adrian
12-14-2002, 02:21 AM
C'mon, you people aren't REALLY this worked up over the wording of the question, are you? :?

DrtyBlvd
12-14-2002, 02:35 AM
Errr - Nope 8O

ThomasC22
12-14-2002, 02:46 AM
C'mon, you people aren't REALLY this worked up over the wording of the question, are you? :?

I think you're probably poking the bear with a stick... 8O

Seriously, I can understand pride in one's nation, and I respect that, and I did find some of Jason's omissions odd (Great Britain, Japan, etc...), but just the same most countries are not big and/or distinguished enough to merit a special mention and I think people need to accept that. It doesn't make you're country any more or less worthwhile, it's just the way things work.

I mean, last I checked Norway had the highest standard of living in the world and you don't see them listed!

William
12-14-2002, 05:20 AM
Yes, some of us people are worked up over this. But hey, who cares? Discussions like this make me come back to this site on a daily basis (yes, I also come here to read PPC related news :) )

For me, the UK is just part of Western Europe. The Brits sometimes seem to think otherwise. I recall having seen a headline in the Times (the UK newspaper):
Fog over Channel (the small stretch of water between UK and France), Europe isolated
8O :lol:

William
12-14-2002, 05:34 AM
But I do refer to myself as an American, as that is the accepted term... Not sure how to rectify that one.
An USian?
I cannot agree. Someday in the future, there might be a United States of Europe. USian would then be confusing. :wink:

Kati Compton
12-14-2002, 05:37 AM
I cannot agree. Someday in the future, there might be a United States of Europe. USian would then be confusing. :wink:

Guess I'll just have to start referring to myself as an "Earthling" then.

BTW - anyone know where that term originated?

Monty Gibson
12-14-2002, 05:43 AM
WhooHooo! Go U.S.A.! U.... S... A...! U... S... A...!

Job
12-14-2002, 06:29 AM
If I may, I just thought I would explain my reason for calling myself American, and not calling those from outside the U.S. American:

Last time I checked, America was the last word in the U.S.A.'s official moniker. Therefore, calling ourselves, "American's" refers not to the continent but to the country. Just a thought . . .

gamboagarcia
12-14-2002, 08:01 AM
If I may, I just thought I would explain my reason for calling myself American, and not calling those from outside the U.S. American:

Last time I checked, America was the last word in the U.S.A.'s official moniker. Therefore, calling ourselves, "American's" refers not to the continent but to the country. Just a thought . . .

I agree with you, such is the reason why I call myself Mexican as the official moniker is United States of Mexico. And Brazilians live in the United States of Brazil.

But I still wonder why this survey doesn't mention Mexico or at least NAFTA members.?

ViVa México!!

gamboagarcia
12-14-2002, 08:19 AM

Go back to the NG poll and double check your %'s.

Mexico 97%
Japan 98%
USA 89%
Italy 97%
Sweden 97%

I guess US citizens don't really know where they are???

bspline
12-14-2002, 08:53 AM
I agree with you, such is the reason why I call myself Mexican as the official moniker is United States of Mexico. And Brazilians live in the United States of Brazil.

But I still wonder why this survey doesn't mention Mexico or at least NAFTA members.?
ViVa México!!

Hmmm... as a Brazilian I'll have to correct that... Brazil hasn't been "United States of Brazil" for a while (can't find my history books here, but I'd say some 50 years)

We're a "Federative Republic of Brazil", which goes to say nobody refers to Brazil as FRB or such. My 2¢, keep it simple.

And BTW, I also resent having to vote as other. :D

DrtyBlvd
12-14-2002, 12:12 PM

Go back to the NG poll and double check your %'s.

Mexico 97%
Japan 98%
USA 89%
Italy 97%
Sweden 97%

I guess US citizens don't really know where they are???

Per Katis' comments - I am astonished that everyone didn't get 100% - they have to have been 'having a laugh'

Jonathon Watkins
12-14-2002, 02:25 PM

Nope - just replying to a comment about the UK. :D I'm sort of OK with the UK being lumped in with Europe (Euros, just say NO), though I would prefer the UK to become the 52nd state of the US than join a united states of Europe. 8O

Jonathon Watkins
12-14-2002, 02:34 PM

Umm, Why? :D :confused totally:

Yes, some of us people are worked up over this. But hey, who cares? Discussions like this make me come back to this site on a daily basis (yes, I also come here to read PPC related news :)

Darn right William! :P Spot on!

For me, the UK is just part of Western Europe. The Brits sometimes seem to think otherwise. I recall having seen a headline in the Times (the UK newspaper):
Fog over Channel (the small stretch of water between UK and France), Europe isolated
8O :lol:

Again, bang on. :P They don't call us Great for nothing, :wink:, or, at least they used to…….. :turn-l:

Steven Cedrone
12-14-2002, 04:57 PM
Here in the Bay area to get good world news I have to subscribe to a newspaper like NY Times published all the way away from East Coast.

Believe it or not: After seeing the local news here every night at 6:00, I check the BBC World News. Sometimes you need to see the world from another perspective...

Steve

DrtyBlvd
12-14-2002, 05:50 PM

Umm, Why? :D :confused totally:

With that heritage? Are you kidding me?? :lol: The only thing you aren't is a red-headed stepchild! ROFL :wink: :wink: :D :D

Jason Dunn
12-14-2002, 07:46 PM
But I still wonder why this survey doesn't mention Mexico or at least NAFTA members.? ViVa México!!

Wow, this is still going? I didn't know national pride still existed in this global world we live in. :lol:

Ok, I'll fess up: I took the survey categories from a devbuzz survey I found on his site. I added a couple of my own, but I really didn't put any thought into the other countries because the last time I looked at my log files on this, 94% of the people were coming from the US. These results are very interesting to me, and it's fascinating to know that we have a more global audience. I'll try to remember that in the future. :D

This is for my advertising document, which historically has gone to people mostly in the USA - so unless I start getting advertising inquiries from someone in Iraq, the number of users from the Middle East doesn't matter from an advertiser point of view.

In retrospect, I should have made the survey more specific, and I apologize to anyone I offended by leaving out their geographical zone. But you realize that I couldn't have added EVERY country, right? :wink:

xendula
12-14-2002, 08:33 PM
Naah, Jason, you did a good job. Naturally, if this is a US site, you are going to mention US and Canada, and then the"rest". If it was a Slovenian (or whatever) site, come on guys, you would have Slovenia as an option in your poll , and then the "rest" !!

For your next poll, I would like to know how many women there are. I feel kind of lonely here :?

Kati Compton
12-14-2002, 09:02 PM
For your next poll, I would like to know how many women there are. I feel kind of lonely here :?

Actually, that was a previous poll (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5648&start=0)...

ThomasC22
12-14-2002, 09:08 PM
Naah, Jason, you did a good job. Naturally, if this is a US site, you are going to mention US and Canada, and then the"rest". If it was a Slovenian (or whatever) site, come on guys, you would have Slovenia as an option in your poll , and then the "rest" !!

Actually, it's a canadien site!

Steven Cedrone
12-15-2002, 04:50 AM

Or Canadian, if you live north of the border... :wink:

Coralie
12-15-2002, 12:02 PM
unlike our neighbour Australia, which unkind people would say is on its way to being a state of...oops, I'd better not say it)
aren't we called the 'west island' these days? lol! :roll: :D

xendula
12-15-2002, 03:15 PM
[quote=xendula]Naah, Jason, you did a good job. Naturally, if this is a US site, you are going to mention US and Canada, and then the"rest". If it was a Slovenian (or whatever) site, come on guys, you would have Slovenia as an option in your poll , and then the "rest" !!

ooops! glad we talked about it then. :o

cherring
12-15-2002, 05:30 PM
As far as I remember, when dealing with Motorola, HP, IBM and others, I am quite used to being refered to my "EMEA" (Europe, Middle East and Africa) representative. I don't see what the fuss is.

Besides, breaking up the "other" into more specific areas, you'd probably have 2 from South Africa, 6 Brazil, 1 from Egypt etc. and possibly one or two from USA and GB because they didn't quite know where they're from :D