View Full Version : Where did Spb Software House Go?

Jason Dunn
12-11-2002, 04:54 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://212.113.122.129/' target='_blank'>http://212.113.122.129/</a><br /><br /></div>Some of you may have noticed that Spb's Web site appears to be off the grid. Well, unfortunately for us, the Spb domain Registrar used decided to send them notice that their domain was expired AND turn it off on the same day. Nice eh? At any rate, the problem has been fixed and the DNS propagation will take a day or two - until then, you can access it <a href="http://212.113.122.129/">using their IP address.</a><br /><br />This public service message brought to you by the Spb Software House Marketing team. :wink:

Yorch
12-11-2002, 05:27 PM
Hi, Jason, since you work for them now, Did these guys fixed the problem with the Full Screen Keyboard on the Pocket Pc Phone Edition?. The keyboard works only after you reset the machine without the SD card, after that you reinsert the SD card and works. But if you reset the phone with the SD card, when you want to use the FSKeyoard, the regular one comes up. Any solutions on the near future?

spg
12-11-2002, 06:35 PM
Hey, congrats on the new job Jason. On the topic a bit more though...

[warning, rant incoming]
I really hate it when companies do things like that. It is their job to warn the customer BEFORE the domain expires, not after. It really annoys me that companies will do things like that, things would work out so much better for both sides if they wouldn't. I mean come on, how hard can it be to let someone know about issues that involve their web-site, surely the registrar knew about it before hand! :evil:
[/end rant]

::sigh:: Ok, that was a very useless rant, but I needed to get it out of my system. :?

markht
12-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Jason,

I'm sorry SPB/you had this problem.

Renewal notices should have been sent from 45 days out to the email address on the account ([email protected]), it may be that this address is no longer valid or that they were mistakenly caught by a SPAM filter.

I am out of the office at the moment so I cannot investigate this myself but I have forwarded it to our Director of Customer Support to ensure things have been fixed properly and to determine if renewal notices were correctly sent.

Feel free to PM me if you want some suggestions on how to make sure this doesn't happen again and how to manage your domains as effectively as possible.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
Sales Director, Dotster Inc.
(Domain Registrar for SOFTSPB.COM)

anthonymoody
12-11-2002, 11:35 PM
You guys should transfer to Register.com.

AND fix the keyboard problem on the XDA...

TM

Jason Dunn
12-12-2002, 12:27 AM
Renewal notices should have been sent from 45 days out to the email address on the account ([email protected]), it may be that this address is no longer valid or that they were mistakenly caught by a SPAM filter.

Thanks for chiming in Mark - what a small world. Spb's domain registrar visitrs this site... :lol: You're right, it could have very easily been an email notification issue. It's fixed now, and the domain should start working in a few days...

Jason Dunn
12-12-2002, 12:28 AM
I've been told that the XDA keyboard problem will be fixed in January, along with a few new features added.