View Full Version : Cheap 568s?

karlth
12-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Now that the Jornadas have been discontinued for some time I was wondering if it is possible to buy them somewhere cheaply?

matadams
12-26-2002, 04:28 AM
Now that the Jornadas have been discontinued for some time I was wondering if it is possible to buy them somewhere cheaply?

Our local Officemax (PA) has them for $279. Still a great PDA for that price!

Sven Johannsen
12-26-2002, 05:14 AM
Yea, just like there are cheap older corvettes out there. Jornadas only appreciate in value :wink:

Skoobouy
01-01-2003, 08:00 PM
I agree, very much. 206MHz StrongARM still beats out anything less than 400MHz X-Scale. I always like to drop a note in these kinds of topics that the ppctechs.com Jornada screen sealing and screen covers make the thing virtually invincible; Jornadas come cheap, so it's worth a shot.

But I figure, not _too_ far from now we'll have PocketPCs with faster busses and higher LCD resolutions. My Jornada is more than enough for me until then.

rpommier
01-11-2003, 07:25 PM
I've had my 565 for about a year and have the cool accesories... MMC Batter, PC Card Battery, Car/Sync Charger.

I was offered a trade-in at HP because I've swapped it 6 times because of dust under the screen. I have an iPaq on the way, but am still a bit sad abou it.

I purchased the CF/Battery sleeve Plus, while I await the the 3955 they're sending. I compared the case to my 565 with the cover and the Battery/MMC. This thing is going to be HUGE! And the 3955 doesn't look to have a replaceable battery!

Why did they discountinue the Jornada as opposed to the iPaq? The Jornada had it all! Solid battery life, nice add-on's and rock sold construction (although my 525 felt a bit more solid).

Oh well, maybe they'll revive the thing... Until then I guess I'm an iPaq guy. For awhile anyway...

Rod