View Full Version : Sprinklerhead.com Reviews the HP 5450

Jason Dunn
12-11-2002, 12:18 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.sprinklerhead.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=9' target='_blank'>http://www.sprinklerhead.com/module...howcontent&id=9</a><br /><br /></div>The first of the non-Dale-Coffing Web site reviews are starting to crop up on the 5450, and the results seem quite good so far!<br /><br />"If you are in the market for a PDA that has it all: Transflective screen, Biometric security, Bluetooth, WiFi, and CIR, then you have only one choice and a very good one I might add! If you are a newbie or are switching from Palm I can’t necessarily recommend it as there a so many features it will make your head spin, it can be a huge step, even though HP has really spent a lot of time making things painless to set-up, it can be quite daunting to go from a non-connected PIM to the lush feature rich world that is the 5450."<br /><br />If you're looking to buy a 5450, I just got a note from <a href="http://www.ssdonline.com/detail_page.cfm?ProductID=264493002&affid=T99">State Street Direct</a> (affiliate link) that they have them in stock for $695...or $679 if you're a member (membership is free).

jamesbe2759
12-11-2002, 01:08 AM
[quote="Jason Dunn"]The first of the non-Dale-Coffing Web site reviews are starting to crop up on the 5450, and the results seem quite good so far!

:roll: Anything non-Dale-Coffing has got to be good.

Boxster S
12-11-2002, 01:36 AM
non-Dale-Coffing...why do you say it like that???

ThomasC22
12-11-2002, 01:37 AM
non-Dale-Coffing...why do you say it like that???

Well, he said it like that, I believe, because Dale tends to get all PocketPC stuff first...as to what Jamesbe was implying...I don't know.

BTW...good review Jeremiah :way to go: , still wouldn't touch one with a 10foot pole (since it's overpriced and I'm almost certain it will have to go down to compete) but a good review just the same. :)

Paragon
12-11-2002, 04:02 AM
:roll: Anything non-Dale-Coffing has got to be good.

jamesbe2759

Anyone who knows Dale will back me up on this (it will be a very long list, BTW) If he saw this post he would find something positive to say about you......think about that for a minute!

I'll second the opinion on the review. Nice going Jeremiah!

Dave

entropy1980
12-11-2002, 04:26 AM
Thanks guys! I will be adding more as I get Pocket Tv stuff will be put up later tonight. Dale is the man! He gets all the good stuff first and he's genuinely a nice guy. anywho thanks!!! :D

Pony99CA
12-11-2002, 04:47 AM
Thanks guys! I will be adding more as I get Pocket Tv stuff will be put up later tonight. Dale is the man! He gets all the good stuff first and he's genuinely a nice guy. anywho thanks!!! :D
Thanks for the review, but it appeared to be missing the list of bundled software. There was a lead-in for the software, but no list.

I'd have posted this question on Sprinklerhead, but I wasn't registered, and am waiting for my password. :-)

Steve

entropy1980
12-11-2002, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the review, but it appeared to be missing the list of bundled software. There was a lead-in for the software, but no list.

I'd have posted this question on Sprinklerhead, but I wasn't registered, and am waiting for my password. :-)

Steve

The list is up and boy is it long!!! Sheesh that's a lot of software! Pony looks like your reg went through... let me know if you have any further problems! :D

gpspassion
12-11-2002, 07:06 AM
could you try plugging a microphone to see what the deal is there (stereo?).
I still ldon't understand how they can use a combines headphone/microphone plug, maybe there's a software adjustment?
I'd also be curious to know if you need a preamp.

entropy1980
12-11-2002, 07:40 AM
will do to tomorrow.... :D

Daniel
12-11-2002, 08:10 AM
Great review! Nice device, the price is, um, somewhat ridiculous! :) I still want one though!

Does anyone have any more info on the 56xx yet? I mean other than the "it has wan" comments?

Firstly:
Go Team Dale™! :)

Secondly:
I don't think that jamesbe2759 was trying to be rude, maybe you should read his post more like "It's great to see that there is another good source for PPC reviews, Dale needs a break!". I just don't know if everyone needs to jump to his defence when there's not really anything to defend. That's the way I read it anyway.

Daniel

ThomasC22
12-11-2002, 08:23 AM
Secondly:
I don't think that jamesbe2759 was trying to be rude, maybe you should read his post more like "It's great to see that there is another good source for PPC reviews, Dale needs a break!". I just don't know if everyone needs to jump to his defence when there's not really anything to defend. That's the way I read it anyway.

Well, and before I say this I should point out that I defended a reviewer a couple threads down and turned out to be totally wrong about his true intentions, BUT...

I thought, that jamesbe thought, that Jason was insulting Dale, and that Jamesbe thought that he was defending Dale (e.g. the :roll: meaning "why did you say that about dale, I roll my eyes at the indication that non-dale stuff is a positive thing).

This is the problem with (A) being sarcastic online and (B) using emoticons to convey an entire thought (e.g. the only thing that would indicate he was being sarcastic like I thought he was, is the :roll: )

Anywho...

Pony99CA
12-11-2002, 02:46 PM

The list is up and boy is it long!!! Sheesh that's a lot of software!

I went back to the site, and the list still wasn't on page 4, where it says:

4. Bundled Software. As is usual this Ipaq comes loaded with extra software, in fact I would venture to say this may be some of the reason HP kept prices higher, they tend to include a ridiculous amount of free software. Where my Toshiba came with Outlook and Activesync and that’s about it, this Ipaq came with the following:

Benchmarks

I went through the whole review, and found the list on page 1, though. You should probably update page 4 to put the list there, or remove the section above. :-)

Thanks for posting that list. I'm a bit disappointed to see the eWallet and ListPro are only trial versions; my 3650 or 3870 (I forget which now) came with real versions.

Steve

Paragon
12-11-2002, 03:13 PM
Firstly:
Go Team Dale™! :)

Secondly:

Daniel

You very well could be right Daniel. If that is the case I would sincerely apologize to jamesbe2759 for the comment I made.

Dave