View Full Version : The 10% Coupon

xbalance
12-10-2002, 11:28 PM
FYI, I received a coupon from Dell for 10% off, which included the Axim. I ordered and received my X5 already, with no 10% off :cry:

I called Dell and told them I would like the 10% off and they said NO PROBLEM :lol:

Final price (besides the add-ons) $265. I sold my iPaq 3765 for $250 2 months ago. Thank you Dell, what a great buy!

PPCdude
12-11-2002, 03:09 AM
Are you serious? I received a "10% Off" e-mail yesterday, and my Axim today... So if I call up Dell, they'll give me the extra 10% off? If so, cool... i'm callin' them.

xbalance
12-11-2002, 02:55 PM
Are you serious? I received a "10% Off" e-mail yesterday, and my Axim today... So if I call up Dell, they'll give me the extra 10% off? If so, cool... i'm callin' them.

All I can say is it worked for me. All you have to lose is $34 by not trying.

AUTommyJ
12-11-2002, 07:00 PM
I called Dell customer service this morning to (a) try to get the 10% discount and (b) try to speed up the shipping on my order and they agreed to both without any hassle (granted I played the christmas gift sob story)! I was told the 10% will apply and they changed my shipping to free next day in hopes that it will arrive prior to christmas. Good luck to those who may have missed out on the discount... :D

Kati Compton
12-11-2002, 07:57 PM
I called Dell customer service this morning to (a) try to get the 10% discount and (b) try to speed up the shipping on my order and they agreed to both without any hassle (granted I played the christmas gift sob story)! I was told the 10% will apply and they changed my shipping to free next day in hopes that it will arrive prior to christmas. Good luck to those who may have missed out on the discount... :D

You didn't tell them it was a Christmas gift for yourself, did you? ;)

Pugnax
12-11-2002, 09:25 PM
I take it that this 10% coupon is for previous Dell customers?

I would have a hard time believing that I could get an additional 10% off just by calling them and telling them I "heard" about the discount....but I will be happy to be wrong with this one :lol:

AUTommyJ
12-11-2002, 10:44 PM
Well, it was my first order from Dell... and I told them I had tried to order on Nov 26th on the small business site (which I actually had) but one of their Reps managed to mess up the order (okay so THREE Reps managed to get together and mess it up :x ) and they finally ended up voiding everything on Dec 3rd, telling me to reorder it on the Home Site. They didn't fix it until late on the 3rd so that on Dec. 4th when I finally got it to go through the home discount was no longer there, so I placed that order without it online. She acknowledged that the discount was made available on Dec 3rd (in error) and hence, 10% off the order now... free overnight was just gravy in my mind.

and Kati42, I sure didn't tell her it was my present and she didn't ask... sooooo... technically it wasn't misleading. "I wish me a Merry Christmas... I wish me a Merry Christmas. " :twisted:

I would think if you have a good sob story or if you get a halfway human representative (I work customer service myself) you can probably get them to accomodate you.

The Big Jay
12-12-2002, 05:15 AM
Try redflagdeals.net for the latest Axim deals.

Kinda makes me regret that I bought one so early... but only a bit.

Pugnax
12-12-2002, 10:12 PM
Wow, This appears to be my 1st and last order from Dell. When I called about the 10% discount: I got dropped at least 4 times, talked to numerous rude Reps, was told there was no way I was getting a discount, and I even had one of them chuckle at me when I told them that the Canucks 8) were receiving a guaranteed 10% discount + the rebate + free shipping and did not need a coupon. This same person said, "Well, if you want, I can cancel this order and you can go order thru their website".

This irks me because I "had" heard of how Dell takes care of its customers. In light of how I was treated, when my mother (and other family members) want to upgrade their machines, I won't send them back to Dell this time, I will offer to build their computers myself!

:evil:

mart242
12-12-2002, 10:22 PM
No store would give you a rebate like that. Those who got it were lucky, but I'm sure if you were dell you'd do the same thing. Not giving you the discount doesn't mean bad customer service.

Pugnax
12-12-2002, 11:01 PM
True...to some extent. This is the same "store" and product....only a different section of their website tailored to another country. And I am more upset about the way I was treated, not that I didn't get the discount (well, sure a tad miffed about that) but the Reps could have behaved in a more professional manner. I have been on the other side of the phone taking calls at a larger company than Dell and I would have been reprimanded for talking/handling a customer like that.

Remember, that even though this was a $300 product, good service might have made me want to buy my next PC or other products from them....but not now.

mart242
12-13-2002, 01:32 AM
By the way, with Dell Canada, we have to pay 25$ shipping and only a few people ordered with the extra 50$CDN rebate (not even sure if it works or not!), along with the 80$CDN mail in rebate. Keep in mind that it's a lot cheaper for you americans because here, we have to pay a ~15% tax on it...