View Full Version : avantgo and myYahoo.

eno818
12-10-2002, 05:08 PM
is myYahoo from advantGo only limited to weather, sprts, news, stocks, and movies? why is it myYahoo calander doesnt appear as one of my options? is there a limit on what yahoo options is available to avantgo, or must I pay for it. thanks for the help.

wm5051
12-11-2002, 01:25 AM
What you see is what you get from the AvantGo channel. If you would like to get your calendar info on your pda there is a round-about option on the Yahoo site. You can use intellisync (for free) to sync your Yahoo calendar with a desktop application (outlook, Palm desktop, etc) and then sync your pda to that application. Then your calendar will be on your pda, but that is the ONLY option Yahoo allows.

Download here:
http://address.yahoo.com/yab2/us?A=x&A2=9&stC=All&stG=0&stT=v&stP=1&stP2=1&stI=0&stA=0

Kati Compton
12-11-2002, 02:37 AM
I just find it very strange that you can get your movie listings but not your TV listings. I mean, the movie listings would be ostensibly more *useful*, but I don't see it as being all that much extra effort to get TV listings to work with it too.

wm5051
12-11-2002, 07:45 PM
I agree - I would love for Yahoo to provide more, but in the end, it is the content provider that determines what they want to offer, not AvantGo. If you really have a complaint or suggestion I am sure there is an email address you can contact at Yahoo for support.