View Full Version : Intermec 6651/Sharp telios 7000

Fishie
12-10-2002, 01:02 AM
I used to own an NEC 770 before switching to an Ipaq 3670.

My Ipaq felt like a step back in functionality from my NEC 770 winCE pro machine.
Sure it was a crapload faster and did things my 770 couldnt and in far more colours but still, the keyboard, large screen etcetera.

Now the Dell had me wondering to just forget about the short battery life(expansion sleeves really DRAIN the batterys) of the Ipaq and get me an Axim but in the end I tought screw this so now im waiting for my Intermec 6651 since that one has all the functionality my old machine had with a newer OS and from reports faster processor, 16 bit colour and an amazing 800 by 480 screen and built in digicam etcetera.

So while waiting for that I was wondering if anny of you fine folks on this forum have anny experience with the machine and ask for some impressions about the machine.

Is the screen really all that, is the machine really that fast despite being clocked slower then the 770, how about connectivity and useability etcetera etcetera.

All impresions are welcome.

Fishie
12-10-2002, 03:27 AM
Annyone?

Rirath
12-10-2002, 07:16 AM
Shoulda got a Dell. :lol:

szamot
12-10-2002, 10:02 AM
Coming from 3850 to 400MHz X5 was a sleeper so to speak. Sure the X5 is nice it has more holes to stuff things into, nice grips and despite everyone’s gripping including me about its size – it has the same or better feel than the iPAQ does, and the battery life is nothing short of amazing. The screen is nice it really is, I did not think it was that great at first but after playing with it for a week or so I looked at my iPAQ today and well, I was surprised at how “poor” the screen on the iPAQ looked. Having said that though, if you asked me a year ago, I would tell you that Palm 505 had a wicked screen compared to IIIc but poor compared to the iPAQ I bought 2 weeks later. It is all relative and very subjective. The screen on the X5 is a bit smaller but is it much sharper and crisper, the blacks are really black and you don’t get that annoying retina burning side light especially when you are trying to read in the dark. …….but I find it slow in just about everything I do, the most noticeable to me is the fact that now I find myself touching the screen twice to get it to respond as there seems to be a fraction of a second delay in its response. Would I go back to the iPAQ, no I would not, do I think X5 is the best thing since sliced bread - for now in my world it is, do I want more – you bet I do. Am I happy – for what I paid for it I am ecstatic…but what I want now is an XDA it is 21 century for crying out loud. :idea: