View Full Version : Problem updating an iPaq 3600 to Pocket PC 2002

Ca1ne
12-09-2002, 11:44 PM
Hi, I have an iPAQ 3600 Pocket PC from Compaq. The native language of the iPAQ (Pocket PC 2000) it's spanish. When I try the upgrade to 2002 (english) it says that it cannot found the ROM file. But the file it's there.

I think that it's probably a language issue, but how can I change the language of the original Pocket PC 2000.

Any ideas? Hope you can help me.

Janak Parekh
12-10-2002, 12:53 AM
I think the language is something intrinsic in the ROM, i.e., you'd have to obtain a English PPC2000 ROM first.

You should consider contacting HP/Compaq about this.

Alternatively (and I don't know the legalities of this) you can use the Parrot Bootloader tricks to copy the PPC2002 ROM off a friend's Pocket PC. See http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/iPAQ/Parrot/debug.htm

--bdj

Ca1ne
12-10-2002, 02:18 AM
I enter the site you gave me, but the copy stuff itīs only for backup on compact flash... do you know if there is a way to backup to the hardisk of my computer?

Thanx.

Janak Parekh
12-10-2002, 02:34 AM
I enter the site you gave me, but the copy stuff itīs only for backup on compact flash... do you know if there is a way to backup to the hardisk of my computer?
Not that I know of. It's a specialized format. That's why I asked if you had a friend with an iPaq - you can transfer the ROM via CF.

--bdj