View Full Version : Tracking Numbers delay...

dr_doak
12-09-2002, 07:25 PM
I know dell has not always had the best reputation for updating product status. Do most people usually get their tracking number before or after the Axim arrives? Is it delayed a bit?

Sslixtis
12-09-2002, 07:35 PM
I got mine after it arrived, that was during Thanksgiving though. A co-worker got his before it arrived. :wink: I'm sure that clears things right up!

Cheers!

Kati Compton
12-09-2002, 08:04 PM
I bet my online order status still says "in transit". Use the phone order status system - it's more up-to-date.

enemy2k2
12-09-2002, 09:03 PM
My status shows all the proper info, but I had to phone them to get it straightened out. Hopefully I'll have it by tomorrow at latest.

dr_doak
12-09-2002, 10:10 PM
My boss called our Dell rep to get a tracking number today... Funny thing is, the number he gave us doesn't seem to be a valid format for UPS, FedEx, or Airborne Exp.... (Not getting the error that signifies the code is just not in the system yet, just says it is an invalid code)

Is he on crack or something?

Most of you people have received yours through UPS right?

Sunnyone
12-09-2002, 10:19 PM
My status never changed from "in transit". Mine came by UPS.

Renee

style26062
12-10-2002, 12:03 AM
I ordered Friday. I'm in transit now. How long till I recieve tracking info?
8O how i yearn.

terryaki
12-10-2002, 12:40 AM
Here's what the guy at Dell told me... They use a subsidary of UPS called UPS Logistics, and they don't track their shipments until the final destination. So when the package is first scanned, is where the final regional hub for UPS is. So... even if it says billing information receieved, it is still en route to your destination. Most are coming out of Austin, TX (at least for Small Business orders, i don't know about home office). So give it a few days if you're on the East & West Coasts.

oregon_pda
12-10-2002, 12:48 AM
I had no tracking number posted on the website, but was able to get one on the dell automated telephone service (although I had to enter my customer number twice, at two different prompts - duh, Dell). I am not getting any info using the tracking number provided, but have read that this happened in the first round of axim shipments. Just as long as my axim is on the way!!! :lol:

dr_doak
12-10-2002, 01:43 AM
Woohoo! Tracking numbers are now displaying!

They show the origin scan as being in Ohio (destination state)... Is this what was being refered to earlier?
and they don't track their shipments until the final destination.
Does that mean its near here already?

If so... TIME FOR HAPPY DANCE!!!

:lol: 8O :lol: 8O :lol:

inlimbo
12-10-2002, 01:51 AM
Dec 9, 2002 2:35 P.M. NASHVILLE, TN, US DEPARTURE SCAN :D :D

othell
12-10-2002, 02:59 AM
Woohoo! Tracking numbers are now displaying!

They show the origin scan as being in Ohio (destination state)... Is this what was being refered to earlier?
and they don't track their shipments until the final destination.
Does that mean its near here already?

If so... TIME FOR HAPPY DANCE!!!

:lol: 8O :lol: 8O :lol:

I just called UPS with my tracking number because I got that origin scan also. My address is near the hub so I should be getting it tomorrow. So I'll agree with the statement that they don't track their shipments until the final destination... or at least the closest hub to you.

drop
12-10-2002, 05:55 PM
Ordered: Nov 30
Received "Shipped" email notification: Dec 1
Called Customer Care: Dec 10 The only thing that is "In Transit" was the cable :cry: . My X5 is still in production.

Oh, the disappointment. I would have been contented to wait until Dec 12, the projected shipping date on my order. But I allowed myself to get all excited by the email notification.

This thing is here to try us.

style26062
12-10-2002, 07:56 PM
Ordered: Nov 30
Received "Shipped" email notification: Dec 1
Called Customer Care: Dec 10 The only thing that is "In Transit" was the cable . My X5 is still in production.

OH NO! Is that why I see 2 orders on the status screen. One says in transit the other in production?

Order Number: 179161xxx Order Date: 12/6/2002
Item Description: Service Tag/SKU:
ORDER ADJUSTMENT

LATITUDE PDA

The first one says in transit. The second in production.
Not sure what order adjustment means. I didn't change anything.

drop
12-10-2002, 09:13 PM
ORDER ADJUSTMENT

LATITUDE PAD

The first one says in transit. The second in production.
Not sure what order adjustment means. I didn't change anything.

This looks different from mine. My order was a 400 Mhz plus an upgraded leather case. Yet, I don't have two separate orders listed. If you are not sure, call Dell Customer Care at 1-800-624-9897 (Home and Small Office). Good luck.

rein
12-11-2002, 05:23 AM
I show 2 separate order list as well. One is showing the product and the other my overnight shipping. Is that normal? The shipping one has a value of zero and the shipping charges are included in the product order number. I thought it was a little odd but I am willing to deal with it as long as I know when to be home to receive it. It shows an estimated date of Dec 19th. I Need this for a Christmas present is why it was overnighted. Here is hoping I don't miss UPS and have it sit on a cold truck through Christmas.

style26062
12-11-2002, 03:08 PM
I show 2 separate order list as well. One is showing the product and the other my overnight shipping. Is that normal? The shipping one has a value of zero and the shipping charges are included in the product order number.

My second order also has a value of $0. I didn't use overnight. It also says it's in transit to local carrier. Did you order any addons? I thought mine might be my Travel USB cable. The PDA order is still in production.

Sunnyone
12-11-2002, 03:17 PM
I also had two orders. I'm not sure if this explains it, but I received an order confirmation in snail mail. Then I received my entire Axim order with additional battery and screen protectors. Maybe the order confirmation was the "first order."

Kati Compton
12-11-2002, 04:31 PM
There was a big discussion about the "double order" thing over at Brighthand I think. People that ordered online were usually given 2 orders. One of which was a slip of paper for $0, and the other is the PDA.

rein
12-12-2002, 02:18 AM
Thaks Kati

I wonder of the order for the slip of paper is because of the rebate. Maybe that is the way they insure that everyone is getting the packing slip to submit with the rebate form.

I'm just hoping I can be home when it is delivered. I'm hoping they stick to the expected date and they don't bump it up any. If they bump it up I may not be home.