View Full Version : Issues with syncing and playing video files...

humanatek
12-07-2002, 11:52 PM
I just bought a new e740 and I was trying to transfer some video files to it and play it on the media player. I found the files stored on the pda but I was unable to play them or find them when I had the media player open. I have done research and I do not know what I need to do. Can anyone either describe how to do this or direct me to a site or article that can assist me. Thanks!

mashtim
12-08-2002, 12:21 AM
Are the video files in your My Documents folder? Media Player only sees files that are in My D's..... I think it limits you to one more folder before it loses its way again.

jdhill
12-08-2002, 05:22 AM
Are the files in RAM or on a Secure Digital (SD) card?

If on SD, is the brand of the SD card SanDisk?

If so, there are known problems with some SanDisk SD cards in some Pocket PCs and the symptoms include the Pocket PC not "seeing" files that are on the SD card in the My Documents folder on one of its subfolders.

Pony99CA
12-08-2002, 06:24 AM
Are the files in RAM or on a Secure Digital (SD) card?

If on SD, is the brand of the SD card SanDisk?

If so, there are known problems with some SanDisk SD cards in some Pocket PCs and the symptoms include the Pocket PC not "seeing" files that are on the SD card in the My Documents folder on one of its subfolders.
Could you be more specific? What SanDisk SD cards (capacity, model number range, etc.) and what Pocket PCs (models, software levels, etc.)?

I have a SanDisk 128 MB SD card in my iPAQ 3870 (with the latest ROM updates) and don't have any problems.

Steve

humanatek
12-09-2002, 03:45 AM
Are the video files in your My Documents folder? Media Player only sees files that are in My D's..... I think it limits you to one more folder before it loses its way again.

Actually that is what I seem to be having problems with. I cannot seem to save it to the "My Documents" file. How do I do that?

Pony99CA
12-09-2002, 04:20 AM

Actually that is what I seem to be having problems with. I cannot seem to save it to the "My Documents" file. How do I do that?
What kind of problems are you having? If you have a partnership established, just copy the video file into your host PC's C:\My Documents\Pocket PC My Documents folder (that name may be different for you). The file should be copied to your Pocket PC when you next sync.

Steve

3xistenz
12-16-2002, 11:05 AM
Or just use a USB card reader and access your SD card just what you do with your normal harddrive, create My Documents folder and copy the video into them.

I might make it sound simple to you, perhaps you are having some error when you tried to copy them over. :)