View Full Version : Can anyone comment on the Pocketop Keyboard with E310 (or not)

Vasant56
12-07-2002, 09:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the Pocketop keyboard for the E310 and whether or not you would recommend it.

Thank you :)

Also, could you answer the following questions:

How difficult is it to align the infra red ports (can you just set it up, and will it detect automatically?)

Will the connection break in the middle of typing?

mashtim
12-08-2002, 12:23 AM
I'm not sure about the PocketTop, but I just wanted to let you know that Toshiba now has a foldable and a snap-on keyboard available for the e740 and e310/330. Look inder the accessories section at www.toshiba.com .

Vasant56
12-08-2002, 12:55 AM
The Website reads:
Compatiblity: Toshiba Pocket PC e330, e335 and e740 series

They excluded the E310

mashtim
12-08-2002, 01:06 AM
I might be wrong, but I could have sworn that the snap-on keyboard from Targus said that it was compatible with ALL versions, meaning they all have the same connector. I say that I might be wrong, b/c apparently I threw the box out already.
I would check with their Cust Supp, though, as it may be that it is not listed b/c the 330 has pretty much replaced the 310.

KyleC
12-11-2002, 01:56 AM
If somebody could test it for me, I would be much appreciative. I am really looking forward to getting a keyboard for my e310. Just look at my... desparity in a similar topic (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5572):
I went to the Toshiba web site, and they do indeed have a Belkin keyboard. Unfortunately, it is NOT compatable with the Toshiba e310.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

AND I HAVE WANTED A KEYBOARD FOR MY E310 FOR SO LONG!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????????

I appoligise already for what is above, but I feel that my frustration could not be contained anymore.

3xistenz
12-16-2002, 11:01 AM
Tested it on e740, I have no problem in terms of losing the IrDA connection, and your PPC would also produced those typing sound effect as you type, so you would know when you loses the IrDa connection, but if you don't move much, you should not have any problem at all.