View Full Version : My LCD is dead. Dell Axim named suspect! ^_-

Rirath
12-07-2002, 09:05 AM
I know Dell hates me, but this is ridiculous! Maybe freak coincidence, but when I plugged in my Dell I hit the power switch on the surge protector and upon turning everything back on, my desktop's LCD was kaput. Screen was totally green. All controls like brightness/contrast stopped functioning, and simply made the screen switch hues from green to red to blue.

Thankfully Envision's 3 year warranty seems to cover it, and they'll repair it for a simple $10 UPS shipping fee one way. They'll fix and send back with a 5-8 day turnaround. Can't complain about that! (though using this old plain (not even CRT) monitor is driving me mad.) Big relief, considering it still sells for $360 at the local Staples. >_<

Now, I'm wondering... could the Axim have been jealous because my LCD is bigger? Could it have been programmed by Dell to seek out all non-Dell computers and components and terminate with extreme predigest? Or maybe just MY non-Dell computer? Perhaps it overloaded the surge protector, perhaps it was too much power drain, perhaps my clumsy hand clicking the power switch did it--we shall never know!! But be warned when you turn off the lights tonight and stare into that blue glow of the Dell... it's waiting... watching... learning...