View Full Version : D-Pad gaming??!!

AndrewLubinus89
12-06-2002, 09:02 AM
http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=7af61770eb37aef42e7242b9b519a9ae&threadid=22354&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
8O
Is the D-pad any good for gaming? I mean, I won't use the d-pad that much if I do get it (I will probably play a lot of rts and games like that but I would still like to play some emulators and rayman) but I would like to hear what people who have the axim on this site think.

Janak Parekh
12-06-2002, 03:22 PM
There was already a thread on this (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5043) here. :)

--bdj

Xyress
12-06-2002, 04:31 PM
I started that other thread based on about 5 minutes of experimenting at a local kiosk. The other thread at pocketpcpassion talks about users that have had their unit in hand for a number of days. It's possible that there are either some defective units or we use our D-pads differently. As someone pointed out, it makes a difference if you push from the inside out while playing games or if you lift your thumb off the d-pad to press the buttons.

I'm very anxious to see what the verdict is when my unit finally ships.

Kati Compton
12-06-2002, 05:53 PM
I have to press harder to get "right" to register than the other directions. But it's not enough of a problem to go through the hassle of exchange until the problem is definitely solved - I'd probably only get a unit with a worse D-pad if I exchanged now. ;)

Mine really isn't all that bad, but the degree of the problem seems to vary from unit to unit. Some people have no problems. At least one is unable to hit right at all. I'm mildly irritated, so towards the better end of the scale.

enemy2k2
12-06-2002, 06:37 PM
I've read a few e-mails from my Yahoo groups Dell Axim group about defective D pads. In fact the originator of the group actually has to return his unit because it's so bad. Hopefully when mine arrives it won't have any such problems. *keeps his fingers crossed*