View Full Version : CF + sleeve or sd??

Sheynk
12-06-2002, 05:59 AM
I know that there is a similar topic, but mine is specific to my device.
I have a 3955 and have 2 options:

1. Buy a cf sleeve and a card
2. Buy an SD card

I need at least 128 MB or maybe more.
For sleeves i would like either a silver slider or the leather whitney one( you know what im talking about)

So....any help?

By the way...whats better for movies.....?

ECOslin
12-06-2002, 06:10 AM
Buy the SD card for memory, they seem to be catching on well. Plan on later using CF for devices.

Edward

Ex-NewtonGuy
12-07-2002, 03:46 AM
I have the 3955/50 and I just bought a Sandisk 128mb SD card.

Movies play fine from the card. I plan to buy a sleeve and a CF modem in the future (though SDIO modem cards are said to be coming out).

jizmo
12-07-2002, 11:02 AM
Sleeves are pure evil, man. Pure evil. :evil:

You've spend a respectable amount of cash to your PPC that is designed nicely and looks attractive. Add a sleeve and kaboom, you've got an uncomfortably big device to hold in your palm that looks .. well .. not that attractive anymore.

I had one to my 3660, and I had to sell the whole thing away. It's like buying a beautiful dress to your beautiful girlfriend to wear and a pair of galoshes to go with them.

/jizmo

Mike Temporale
12-07-2002, 03:38 PM
I have a home-made Whitney-Vaja case. It's great, but my iPaq also doesn't have a SD slot. :(

If I could.... I would use SD for memory, and CF for other cards.

Sheynk
12-09-2002, 02:47 AM
thanks, but thats not my question.....

the question is.....whats a better purchase: SD or a CF+sleeve

thanks again

Mike Temporale
12-09-2002, 04:35 AM
whats a better purchase: SD or a CF+sleeve

How? In what way? It all depends on your needs.

Are you reffering to card access speed? maybe memory price per meg? or the different devices available for that format?

Your post doesn't indicate that you need anything other than memory. So unless you really like the silver slider, or you're interested in hauling a sleeve with you everywhere you go, I would just get a SD card. They come in all sizes now. I'm sure you could pick up a 256 or 512 version.