View Full Version : PPC Beginners Guide/Information

Oreocat
12-05-2002, 12:00 PM
Hi, I realize this is probably really old hat for the majority of everyone...but I'm getting my first ever pda (when Dell gets around to shipping it!) and although I do understand some things about pdas, after reading the posts for the past several days, I can see that I still am going to need a basic and semi-basic beginners tutorial.

I'm not very technologically minded, and my pda use is probably going to set some people to grinding their teeth (ebooks, games, lists, contacts, nothing major) but I'd appreciate any links or sites that have information on setting up pdas, explaining terms such as activesynch and how to use it, downloading (told you I wasn't very good at this stuff), etc.

Everyone has to start somewhere and I'd like to be prepared for when my Axim arrives (granted, it'll probably be in 2004..but at least I'll be prepared :lol: )

Thanks,
Oreocat

yvilla
12-05-2002, 02:11 PM
You're in Albuquerque I noticed--home of Dale Coffing (Pocket PC Passion) and what sounds to me like a phenomenal PPC user's group. How lucky for you! I'd suggest looking the user's group up. :wink:

Oreocat
12-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Hey thanks! I'll check out his site and see where & when meetings are. I'd probably do much better with someone who can show me stuff in person, anyway! I really appreciate the help.

Steven Cedrone
12-05-2002, 03:58 PM
His calendar usually has the date for the User Group meeting, but right now it is blank. Could be that he is not going to have a meeting in December (could be that he has been so busy, he just hasn't had the time to update it). Anyway, I think every meeting starts off with a new user info session...

In your part of the U.S., if you want someone to give you a couple of "hands on" pointers, Dale is definitely the one to do it!!!

Steve

yvilla
12-06-2002, 02:40 AM
Oreocat,

Just in case you have a hard time finding it, here's the cites to the pages with specific info about the Albuquerque user's group:

http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4982

http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/General/UserGroups/Abq/ABQUserGroup.htm

Oreocat
12-06-2002, 04:29 AM
Thanks, I found the links and the meeting dates, just have to make it to one now!