View Full Version : What is holding up delivery of X5???

oregon_pda
12-05-2002, 07:59 AM
Trying to figure out what is holding up the delivery of my 400mhz X5. I also ordered screen protectors and a 3-pack of stylus in the same order. I just checked the Accessories section at Dell. According to Dell, the stylus is in stock. However, I could not find any screen protectors for the X5 in the Accessories section. Anyone order the screen protectors? Are they made by Dell? Are they out of stock? Arrg! My order has been "in production" since Nov. 23. Maybe I am being too impatient. :oops:

AirTimid
12-05-2002, 02:57 PM
I ordered my 400mhzX5 on the 29th and it has already shipped. Should arrive between the 9th and 11th. I didn't order any accessories though. Seems like that is what's holding up other orders.

enemy2k2
12-05-2002, 03:10 PM
You should phone them up and ask them. I had the same message until a couple of days ago when I phoned them, and they placed a rush on it for me. It's now actually shipping. Or it may that it actually has shipped and the site is not updated, either way I would definitely call them

solus
12-05-2002, 05:42 PM
I ordered my 400mhzX5 on the 29th and it has already shipped. Should arrive between the 9th and 11th.

If you ordered on 29th and its shipped already, then that means that since I ordered the 1st, mine should be close to shipping....WEEEE!!! :D

...sorry.

oregon_pda
12-06-2002, 12:17 AM
I called one of the Dell reps and was told that nothing was holding my order up - they are just shipped in the order they received the orders. However, looking at some of the other posts, it seems like my Nov. 22 order should have made it to "in transit", as others on this date or earlier are anxiously awaiting arrival of the UPS person! Is something amiss?

Kati Compton
12-06-2002, 02:08 AM
Shipping dates also depend on model, accessories, and whether you're in the US or Canada.

AirTimid
12-06-2002, 09:31 PM
Mine Axim arrived today! Only took 1 week, pretty quick. Too bad I don't get to open it until Christmas :(

Kati Compton
12-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Mine Axim arrived today! Only took 1 week, pretty quick. Too bad I don't get to open it until Christmas :(

Well, you could try to argue that there's 12 days of Christmas, so you should be able to play with it on 25-12 = the 13th of December...

oregon_pda
12-07-2002, 07:17 PM
Yeah!! According to Dell my Axim has shipped!!! Okay, so I am drooling a bit :oops: The tracking number is not showing up in UPS system, but I understand this is common, and will likely change in the next few days. Now I am kicking myself for choosing "Ground" for shipping. Any idea where these are shipping from??

Kati Compton
12-07-2002, 08:42 PM
Yeah!! According to Dell my Axim has shipped!!! Okay, so I am drooling a bit :oops: The tracking number is not showing up in UPS system, but I understand this is common, and will likely change in the next few days. Now I am kicking myself for choosing "Ground" for shipping. Any idea where these are shipping from??

I think there's more than one regional shipping point...

Fzara
12-07-2002, 09:10 PM

I think there's more than one regional shipping point...

yeah, same here. It was free ground shipping, so I selected 2nd day instead of next day. Well, mine is still "InProduction", and hasnt started one damn stage of it yet :cry:

othell
12-07-2002, 09:48 PM
hrmm... I ordered mine on the 22nd and got the leather zippered case as an extra, but was told by a rep that the case shouldnt hold my order up any. Either way, my Axim is still "In Production"... :(