View Full Version : Viewsonic Verus Dell...

Lord_Nemo
12-05-2002, 03:30 AM
Well, maybe I'm missing something here, but I've been trying to compare these two (three, counting both versions of the Dell Axim) and have come down to this:

Axim standard: 300 mhz, 32/32 mb memory, 1 SD/1 CF slot, no cradle standard, very good screen, thick/heavy form factor, $200

V35: 300 mhz, 32/64 mb memory (with 36mb available). 1 SDIO slot, cradle standard, best (?) screen, thin/light form factor, $260

Axim delux: 400 mhz, 48/64 mb memory, 1 SD/1 CF slot, cradle standard, very good screen, thick/heavy form factor, $300

I've been waivering between models even as I really like the idea of a smaller form in the V35 and have one on order now...and that there is only about $40 between each of these models (if you add the cradle to the base Axim).

Decisions, decisions....

Any real alternatives in this price range? Seems like the E335 has reset problems, etc...

Kevin

solus
12-05-2002, 06:12 AM
I went throught the same thing. I finally decided to get the 400mhz Axim. I am still happy with my decision. I'll have to wait till December 23-25 before it arrives (according to dell - ordered on Dec 1st, Estimated ship - 18th - Ground Shipping puts it between 23-25). Thats probably the worst part. BUT, if you are willing to wait, I believe the dell is the best way to go.

Creation
12-05-2002, 07:52 AM
or do what I did. Buy BOTH, test them out for a week or 2 since you have 30 days to return it for both Dell and Amazon, and see which one you like more. Then return one of them. Don't waste time thinking which one to buy, just place the order now so you won't have to wait any longer than you have to. I made the same mistake by ordering on the 19th for the Dell instead of the 18th only because I was still thinking about which one to buy, and it shipped a week after the ones that ordered on the 18th. Just order both of them, you can cancel, send back, whatever, at the end you might just lose 7 bucks for shipping it back, but hey you gotta try 2 units :D

Lord_Nemo
12-05-2002, 02:52 PM
You also lose a 15% restocking fee for the Dell (returns under "peripherals")...