View Full Version : Dell Battery Life

GoldKey
12-04-2002, 11:29 PM
This is very unscientific, but I fully charged my Axim last night and used it heavily (by my standards) 2-3 hours mp3's and avantgo and cleaning up my calander/address book. I was down to 72% of the battery. What really suprised me was that I only had it in the cradle for about 10 minutes and it was fully charged.

Orangeaid
12-05-2002, 03:17 AM
Did you think to read the instructions you have to charge it for 8 hours, even if the light does come on the first time its 8 hours not 10 mins

GoldKey
12-05-2002, 03:29 AM
Did you think to read the instructions you have to charge it for 8 hours, even if the light does come on the first time its 8 hours not 10 mins

Orangeaid,

I thought my post was rather clear, but I will lay it out better for you.

1. Received Axim (I said I fully charged it first). By that I meant that I left it to charge all night as per the instruction. And actually, the instructions say four hours not eight.

2. Today was my first full day of usage. I defined my full day as having about 2-3 hours of the unit turned on.

3. After using the unit, for that time period I was down to 72% on the battery. I then went to recharge the unit and within 10 minutes I was back to 100%.

My suprise was that AFTER the initial charge, the unit recharged very quickly. Hopefully, this clears it up for you.

erikadams
12-10-2002, 10:41 PM
I have been keeping an eye on my battery and trying, no really trying to keep it off the cradle to let the battery die down once or twice but the battery doesnt seem to go down fast enough.