View Full Version : Thoughts on my Axim X5

szamot
12-04-2002, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know why my battery says it is fully charged yet every single time I turn the damn thing on I get a low battery warning?

Also every time a sound comes on the unit sounds like it has a sore throat. There is "scratching" at the beginning of the sound being played.
I remember the iPAQ had that and it was fixed I guess Dell just forgot about it.

ipaq adam
12-05-2002, 12:15 AM
I don't know why you have a low battery warning problem at 100% (it's not supposed to happen until you hit 40%), or if this is chronic on Axims. First, try the good old soft reset if you haven't yet.

There is a registry tweak (http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweaks/Tweak.asp?ref=55) to disable the low battery warning altogether (you'll need Pocket PC registry editor, like PHM Registry Editor). But you should probably use some kind of battery monitoring utility so that you aren't caught by surprise with a drained battery.

You say your sound files are accompanied by a scratching noise? I might be wrong about this, but I think the sound problem on the iPaqs was caused by system wave files that had some sort of metadata in them. The text information inside of the files was being played along with the sound, but it didn't sound very good. If the Axim problem is similar, you could probably just use different wave files that don't have this text information in them.

I hope this helps!

szamot
12-05-2002, 02:16 AM
My apologies to all of you who have wasted your time looking at this post. I hereby claim over zealous excitement for this little quark - I have neglected to insert the back up battery. DUH! 8O

I am so embarrassed. Works perfectly now. Just imagine that?!