View Full Version : Viewsonic RAM issue

my2rc
12-04-2002, 06:27 AM
I read somewhere that the Viewsonic v35 only has ~30MB of available RAM. People on that thread were doubtful so I ran to compusa today and checked the memory settings on the display model. There was only ~30 MBs available. I forget the exact amount, but thats not really important.

What implications does this have on how the device will function? If the thing crashes and you have to reset... how does this work? Will you lose part of the OS or something?

Kirkaiya
12-04-2002, 06:21 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Maybe the display model was pre-production? Ughh.. why do i have this sinking feeling in my stomach.. my V35 was supposed to arrive yesterday, then Amazon changed it to today, but it still hasn't shipped..

and now it might only have 36 MB of RAM (or whatever).

You're sure that the *total* of both storage and program memory was only 30-something MB? How much was available as storage, and how much was set aside as program memory? (something like 16 and 16, or.... ?)

my2rc
12-04-2002, 07:18 PM
I checked the total RAM on the memory settings screen. I'm not sure if there's another way to check. But Compusa still doesnt have the v35 in stock, so maybe the display model is different than the retail one... But then again, is the model on display ever different than the model thats for sale?

my2rc
12-04-2002, 07:24 PM
Oh, I found the original thread that this issue was found.

http://forums.pdabuzz.net/showthread.php?s=8812d9a8f84434872e3c8fe9fb8b0ee9&threadid=43921

and it looks like the last person to post somehow bought a viewsonic and verified the 36MB of available memory.