View Full Version : what is error 80004005 ?

vincentsiaw
11-29-2002, 08:53 PM
hi i'm having problem with my ipaq syncronization to outlook, it says:

the following contact cannot be written to microsoft outlook due to error 80004005 this item will be skipped.

does anybody know how to resolve this thing, i'm having headache trying to solve this problem, and still have no result :x

Jorgen
11-29-2002, 09:10 PM
Go to www.google.com and search for "80004005 outlook" (without the quotes).

Jorgen
Give a man a fish ...

vincentsiaw
11-30-2002, 05:25 AM
ahhhhhh, stil cannot find the solution for my problem yet, getting very frustated, already emailed microsoft, but sstill no reply... :?

Adam
12-03-2002, 03:16 PM
If you are using Outlook with Exchange, there was (is?) a bug that sometimes caused this. A patch has been released, apparently. I know no more than that if this is the case.

Otherwise it's most likely a corrupted contact in your pst file. Here's some things to try (try and sync again after each step and only move to the next if it still fails):

1) Run scanpst.exe (installed with Outlook).
2) delete that contact (if you know which one it is).
3) create a new contacts folder, move all contacts to there. Sync (your
contacts items on the Pocket PC should be deleted); move them back.
Sync again.
4) delete the partnership, and recreate it.

I would recommend backing up your pst file before starting the above.

HTH

Mike Temporale
12-03-2002, 04:58 PM
I would do a soft reset. That's always fixed my activesync problems. :?

Adam
12-03-2002, 06:55 PM
And mine normally, but I think this error occurs on the PC... :?:

vincentsiaw
12-04-2002, 07:04 AM
thanks for the advice guys, however i found out that the thing is just stupid,.... it's the outlook problem, microsoft reply me with explanation, which, is still stupid !

they ask me to reinstall outlook if problem persist, which is very ridicoluos. what a day.....

ThomasC22
12-04-2002, 07:21 AM
Before you reinstall, have you applied any Service Packs?

At least, that is what they suggest for this, seemingly related, error (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;250364).

On that note, if you have trouble with Microsoft Applications, the Microsoft Knowledge Base (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;kbhowto&sd=GN&ln=EN-US&FR=0) is almost always worth a visit!