View Full Version : Dell's arriving in Canada

szamot
11-29-2002, 06:32 PM
Well I just got a confirmation from Dell that my X5 should be in today or Monday at the latest. If it comes in today, this will be a short day at work, if not this will be a really long weekend, if it does not show up on Monday I will be irate just a little bit.

szamot
11-30-2002, 12:55 AM
anyone in Canada got theirs yet, it will be a long weekend for me?

enemy2k2
11-30-2002, 01:18 AM
A reader from Toronto on the Yahoo! Dell Axim Group mailing list already got one of two of the ones he had ordered, or so his mail states.

I'm thinking of calling them myself and checking my order status, the website is still showing that it's in production and shows the dates to all be 23rd including order date. No shipping date listed though.

Roosterman
11-30-2002, 03:12 AM
bjctsm3 in the Dell pocketpc forum received his today. I don't get it. He ordered his two days after I did and he got his. Why are Canadians get theirs before others? :?: Why isn't it first ordered first received.

Kati Compton
11-30-2002, 03:36 AM
bjctsm3 in the Dell pocketpc forum received his today. I don't get it. He ordered his two days after I did and he got his. Why are Canadians get theirs before others? :?: Why isn't it first ordered first received.

Depends on how separate Dell Canada is from Dell US. Probably they each had a different allotment and their shipping departments are different, so that's just how it works. Plus, if there was a larger order->Axim ratio in the US but not in Canada, the earlier US orders would have to be shipped before the later US orders, but the Canadian orders don't have to wait for the US ones if there isn't as much of a backlog.

szamot
12-02-2002, 12:20 AM
A reader from Toronto on the Yahoo! Dell Axim Group mailing list already got one of two of the ones he had ordered, or so his mail states.

I'm thinking of calling them myself and checking my order status, the website is still showing that it's in production and shows the dates to all be 23rd including order date. No shipping date listed though.

I was told by our sales guy that the websiet tracking for Canada has not been updated since the 25 of November but he assured me that in his system my X5 strapped to a dog sled headed for Edmonton.

welwyngc
12-02-2002, 12:58 AM
[quote=enemy2k2]
I was told by our sales guy that the websiet tracking for Canada has not been updated since the 25 of November but he assured me that in his system my X5 strapped to a dog sled headed for Edmonton.

l hope that Santa has mine also - heading to EdMonton!

enemy2k2
12-02-2002, 04:48 AM
Cool, I'm going to call them tomorrow to see what's up with mine. My order status page says that it's been in production since the 23rd, hard to believe it can take that long to put together one Axim :D Hopefully I'll get it sometime this week. Perhaps even being surprised by the delivery man tomorrow morning (wishful thinking) :!: I'll keep you all posted...

szamot
12-03-2002, 02:28 AM
It's in, It's in my X5 is finally here, now for the 4 hour battery charge. When I spoke to the driver he said that's all he has been doing all day, delivering the same looking Dell boxes in Edmonton. I guess there are a lot of happy people here today.

enemy2k2
12-03-2002, 10:50 AM
THey had mine sitting for a while until today when I phoned and asked what's going on. They hadn't shipped it for some reason :!: :bad-words: :!: :really mad: They said that they would sent it out today and from the looks of the web site that has been done, hopefully it won't take too much longer to get here. But considering I'm all the way on the west coast and that it's ground shipping, it probably won't end up being here until next week :cry: :2gunfire: